Rashawn Farrell made two free throws with 40 seconds left to give host Butler a three-point cushion, and the Bears held off Iroquois 58-57 in boys’ basketball on Tuesday night.
The Raiders (15-10) had one last chance, but Devon Johnson — who hit two free throws with 36 seconds left to cut the deficit to one — missed a jumper at the buzzer.
Demetrius McReynolds had 22 points to lead Butler (17-7), which is No. 15 in The Courier-Journal’s Litkenhous Ratings. Derio Little paced Iroquois with 17.
* Ballard 80, Kentucky Country Day 42: Quentin Snider hit his first six 3-point attempts and scored 18 points in the first quarter as the No. 2 Bruins (20-4) smothered the visiting Bearcats (16-10). The junior, who has committed to the University of Louisville, finished with a game-high 26 points, hitting 10 of 13 shots in 21 minutes.
“He could’ve had a monster night,” Ballard coach Chris Renner said, “but he just got everyone else involved.”
Kelan Martin added 20 points for the Bruins. Robert Scholtz led KCD with 26.
* Pleasure Ridge Park 86, Beth Haven 27: The sixth-ranked Cougars (18-6) soared to a 33-3 second quarter and stomped the host Bearcats (6-13).
“I was really pleased with our ball movement tonight,” coach Dale Mabrey said after his team racked up 26 assists.
Antonio McDaniels and Taywan Taylor led PRP with 14 points each, and Lamontray Harris added 13 as 11 Panthers scored. Freshman Brandon Cranford led Beth Haven with 12 points.
* Male 56, Elizabethtown 49: The No. 19 Bulldogs (17-5) used a 15-5 fourth-quarter advantage to overtake the host Panthers (13-9). Male’s Steven Julian led all scorers with 20 points.
* Holy Cross 71, Valley 57: Dominique Mack scored 21 points to lead the visiting Cougars (7-18) over the Vikings (5-12).
* Trinity 77, Atherton 45: Darryl Hicks scored 24 points as the visiting Shamrocks (21-4) cruised past the Rebels (7-13). Trey Ivory added 16. Devin Mayfield led Atherton with 12.
* Manual 63, Shawnee 52: Dwayne Sutton scored a game-high 22 points to power the host Crimson (14-11) past the Golden Eagles (1-23). Simon Clifford added 15 for Manual. Shawnee was led by Robert Bendingfield with 13.
* Bethlehem 72, Evangel 45: Jordan Cooper-Livers had 15 points, seven rebounds and seven assists as host Bethlehem (19-4) flew past Evangel (4-14). Micah Sellinger paced Evangel with 15 points.
* Doss 64, Western 45: The visiting Dragons (16-7) scored the first 10 points, and the Warriors (7-10) never recovered. Montrelle Little paced Doss with 21 points, and Dujuanta Weaver added 17.
* North Hardin 73, DeSales 59: The Trojans (18-7) made 44 free throws to get past the Colts (14-11). Ruben Gosa led North Hardin with 23 points, and Chase Shellman had 24 for DeSales.
* Southern 50, North Bullitt 35: Deon Yelder had 13 points and five blocks as the host Trojans (12-13) throttled the Eagles (12-12). Randall Pickett also scored 13 for Southern.
* St. Xavier 69, Collegiate 59: Ashanti Burgess made five 3-pointers, including four straight in the fourth quarter, to carry the host Tigers (14-8) over the Titans (12-8). Robert Shaw added 12 points, and William Glasford had eight assists.
* Moore 65, Bullitt Central 54: Jaelin Sanford scored 15 points and James Yates 14 as the visiting Mustangs (19-6) topped the Cougars (9-14). Brett Bourland scored 14 and Aaron Duckett 13 for Bullitt Central.
* Collins 75, Frankfort 42: Buddy Johnson scored 22 points and Dez Marshall added 18 points and seven rebounds to push the Titans (15-8) over the Panthers (7-15). Jalen Oliver and Anthony Robinson scored 10 points each for Frankfort.
* Lexington Sayre 50, Whitefield 45: Ray Brewer scored 14 points and Justin Sanders 10 to lead the Spartans (6-14) over the Wildcats (8-16), who shot 18 free throws fewer than the winners. Chip Adkisson led Whitefield with 16 points.
* North Oldham 55, Owen County 47: David Levitch scored a game-high 27 points, making 9 of 11 free throws, to lift the Mustangs (14-9) over the Rebels (18-6). Carson Williams scored 16 for Owen County.
* Eastern 67, Christian Academy 52: The host Eagles (11-11) built a 10-point lead after the first quarter and eased past the Centurions (12-14). Chris Renfroe led Eastern with 26 points. Sawyer Hobbs led Christian Academy with 22.
* St. Francis 61, Kentucky School for the Deaf 22: The visiting Wyverns (5-14) held the Colonels (5-18) to single digits in every quarter to snap an eight-game losing streak. T. J. Schneider led the way with 19 points, including three 3-pointers.
* Central 76, Portland Christian 56: Dominique Chandler scored 23 points to lead the visiting Yellowjackets (16-4) over the Eagles (9-8). Cedric Daniels added 16 points and 12 rebounds for Central. Portland Christian’s Trenton Scroggy led all scorers with 30.
* Seneca 66, Waggener 65: The visiting Redhawks (12-11) survived a late charge by the Wildcats (8-16), who got a 3-pointer at the buzzer from freshman Brandon Wells. He led all scorers with 24 points, while Brandon Trotter had 19 for Seneca.