Cedaredge beat Dolores 42-0 in a non-league game Friday night at Cedaredge high school.
Tragedy hit Cedaredge high school last week when star football player Reid Gates died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Two other students were hospitalized and one remains in critical condition.
According to The Daily Sentinel, the three Cedaredge High School students were accidentally poisoned by carbon monoxide as they watched movies inside a fifth-wheel trailer aided by an on-board generator.
The Bruins took to the field on Friday wearing Gates’ no. 22 on their helmets, players brought his jersey out to the coin toss, and fans paid tribute to the senior on their t-shirts.
Once the game started the Bruins looked every bit the part of a defending state champion winning 42-0. They will take on Hotchkiss (2-1) next week.