The City High softball team swept Cedar Rapids Kennedy in a doubleheader Thursday in Cedar Rapids.
Shaylee Frauenholz pitched the shutout in the 5-0 game one win. Bryn Hanrahan went 2-for-4 with a double and an RBI. Brie Hightshoe was 1-for-4 with a run. Shelby Yoder hit 2-for-3 with a run and an RBI. Sara Blowers was 2-for-3 and scored a run.
City won the second game 14-2 in five innings. Erin Weno pitched the first three innings and Frauenholz closed the game. Offensively, Weno also had three RBIs.
Hanrahan went 2-for-2 with three runs, and Hightshoe was 1-for-1 with two runs and an RBI. Ruth Grace hit 2-for-3 with a run and two RBIs while Ellie Grace Dixon added a double and an RBI.
City is 15-10 overall and 11-6 in the Mississippi Valley Conference.
* WEST HIGH 3-4, WATERLOO EAST 2-6: It took 11 innings but the Women of Troy came out victorious in the first game of a doubleheader against Waterloo East at West High.
Morgan Ryan led off with a walk in the bottom of the 11th. A throwing error off of a bunt by Grace Tafolla let Ryan score the game-winning run. Jessie Harder earned the win for West. Madi Miller had a home run in the first inning.
West dropped the second game 6-4. Tafolla had a triple, and Taylor Libby went 2-for-3 with a double.
West is 12-15 overall and 9-8 in the MVC.
* REGINA 4, NORTH CEDAR 0: Allison Stein pitched a five-hitter in the Regals’ win over the Knights at Regina.
Gabby Dutchik hit an RBI double while Jenny Wick and Nikki Becker each had RBIs. Regina coach Jon Prottsman said the team played great defense.
Regina is 12-9 overall and 5-2 in the Cedar Valley Conference.
* WEST BRANCH 10, WILTON 0 (6): Mary Baldwin pitched the shutout win for the Bears in six innings at West Branch.
Offensively, Baldwin added a home run. Shannon Laing led the team with a double, a grand slam, five RBIs and two runs. Leah Hott went 2-for-4 with two runs while while Paige Miller was 1-for-3 with two RBIs.
West Branch is 12-12 overall and 6-4 in the CVC.
* LONE TREE 11, LOUISA-MUSCATINE 1 (5): Avery Edwards only allowed one run in the Lions’ five-inning win over the Falcons in Lone Tree.
Madelyn Flemr went 2-for-3 with a home run, two RBIs and two runs for Lone Tree. Makenzie Reynolds had a two run-double and added two more runs while Hailey Comer put up two runs.
Lone Tree is 5-13 overall and 5-8 in the Southeast Iowa Super Conference.
* IMS 8-0, PEKIN 2-13: Iowa Mennonite School split the doubleheader with the Panthers in Packwood.
Laura Hochstetler struck out seven in the 8-2 game one win. IMS scored two runs in the first to take an early lead and broke it open in the fourth with five runs. Statia Majerick had a double and an RBI. Hannah Miller hit two singles and an RBI while Demi Brezina added a single and an RBI.
IMS struggled to force outs in the second game and lost 13-0 in three innings. IMS is 8-10 overall and 8-9 in the SEISC.