Hannah Merriam’s four-goal, three-assist effort drove Peoples past Windsor 9-2 in a Division III high school girls soccer playdown game Wednesday.
Katie Stames (assist) and Kellie Grimes each scored twice and Jamie Barrett also found the back of the net for Peoples.
Emily Williams and Maryan Orogi (penalty kick) had Windsor’s goals.
Carie Wan and Kristen Merrill made three saves for Peoples. Windsor’s Rebbeca Rumrill turned away 13 shots.
* (8) Stowe 6, (9) Enosburg 0: Ali Leach’s hat trick provided half of Stowe’s goals in a shutout win against visiting Enosburg.
Sandra Schoepke, Brooke Wells and Emma Buonanno also scored for the Raiders (8-6-1), who led by two at halftime. Caroline Armbruster finished with four saves.
Christa Keith had 10 saves for the Hornets (7-6-2).
* (4) BFA-Fairfax 3, (13) Green Mountain 0: Three players tallied for BFA-Fairfax in a shutout win against visiting Green Mountain.
Hannah Corrigan, Selena Marrier and Mikayla Sullivan (one assist) all scored in the second half for the Bullets (11-2-2), while Ali Santaw added an assist. Emily Miner and Ashley Williams combined for the clean sheet.
Kassidy Cummings made eight saves for the Chieftains (3-9-3).
* (5) Rivendell 1, (12) Hazen 0 (2OT): Jennifer DeBois’ one-time blast with 2:36 left in double overtime vaulted Rivendell past Hazen.
The Raptors’ (9-4-2) winning tally came off a free kick from Quenla Haehnal. Megan Perkins worked a nine-save shutout.
* (2) Williamstown 6, (15) Winooski 0: Lauren Clark and Mariah Lamell put in two goals apiece as Williamstown routed visiting Winooski.
Dani Jesmonth and Jayme Ducharme also scored and Caitlin Beaudet made two saves for Williamstown.
Winooski’s Micheala metivier turned away 16 shots.
* (7) Sharon 4, (10) Richford 2: Gretta Stacks and Molly Faccio scored to help Sharon break a deadlock and pull away from Richford.
Alex Benoit scored two goals to equalize for Richford (6-9) after Mallory Lloyd tallied twice for the Phoenix (9-4-2). Sierra Dreesman backstopped the win with 11 saves.
* (6) Twin Valley 3, (11) South Royalton 0: Savannah Nesbitt supplied three goals, including a second-half penalty kick, to guide host Twin Valley past South Royalton.
Jessica Riley stopped three shots for Twin Valley (9-6).
* (1) Black River 9, (16) Long Trail 0: Abigail Schmidt racked up four goals and Morgan Kathan produced a hat trick in host Black River’s victory over Long Trail.
Alice Faenza and Kateri Collins also tallied and Elsa Eliasson made one save for defending-champion Black River.
* (3) Proctor 13, (14) Cabot 0: Sophomore Abby McKearin’s five goals led the nine Proctor players who scored in their rout of Cabot.
Erin Flanders, Hannah Ashby, Olivia Valerio, Mackenzie Hickey, Ashley Perry, Morgan Anderson, Alexis Bride and Sierra Thornton also scored for the Phantoms (11-3-1).
Proctor led 7-0 at halftime and outshot the Huskies 37-1.
* (4) West Rutland 5, (13) Blue Mountain 0: Brooke Raiche netted two goals to power West Rutland past visiting Blue Mountain.
Mikayla Dambrackas, Taylor Raiche and Sam Mills also tallied for West Rutland.
* (10) Arlington 7, (7) Chelsea 1: Julia Lacoste had a hat trick and Molly Elwell notched a goal and three assists for Arlington in its win at Chelsea.
* (2) Mount St. Joseph 11, (15) Twinfield 0: Bethany Garrow and Olivia Corbett scored their first varsity goals as Mount St. Joseph rolled to a rout of Twinfield.
Claire Schmelzenbach paved the way with two goals for the Mounties (13-1-1). Sarah Harvey, Clair Mercier, Jenna Eaton, Bryn McClallen and Gwen Breslin also scored, while Monica Schmelzenbach earned the shutout.
* (8) Craftsbury 4, (9) Danville 2: Iva Wright’s two goals helped host Craftsbury secure the playdown win over Danville.
Melanie Sergiev and Meghan Pennock also scored for Craftsbury.
Brianna Sinclair and Kyla Boutin had Danville’s goals, the latter of which coming with 20 seconds to play.
* (5) Whitcomb 7, (12) Concord 0: Host Whitcomb scored five second-half goals in the rout of Concord.