* Jacob Sprague, Randolph: Tallied 22 points in the Randolph boys basketball team’s win over Winooski in Tuesday’s playdowns.
* Kyler Weaver, U-32: Netted 28 points to power the Raiders past Bellows Falls and into the quarterfinals.
BY THE NUMBERS
* 1: The total number of losses between the top seeds (St. Johnsbury, Vergennes, Williamstown, Rochester) in each of the four boys basketball divisions.
* 43: The combined total of scored by Blue Mountain’s Kyle Farquharson and Nick Gordon, outscoring Proctor by themselves.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Bellows Falls is the last Division I girls basketball team to go undefeated and win a state title, accomplishing the feat in 2003. Champlain Valley is 19-0 after Tuesday’s win over Rice.
* “It was an ugly, tooth-and-nail contest that came down to free-throw shooting. It was just one of those games, back and forth. CVU certainly would not go away and we’re happy to move on,” Spaulding coach Mike Mislak on his team’s overtime win in Tuesday Division I playdowns.
* “Just curious, any other states use the term “playdown” instead of first round? #vtplayoffs #highschoolsports” — @BeniAsh12 (Michael Beniash), the sports editor at the Caledonian-Record.
* “Getting back to cvu to see my car painted! State Champions guys and girls #cvunordic #ROCKTHERED — @t_spills5 (Taylor Spillane), a senior on the CVU girls Nordic squad.
* Pending any weather postponements, today’s slate calls for 22 boys basketball playdown games.
ON THE BLOG
* Boys basketball tournament predictions at blogs.burlingtonfreepress.com/varsity