* Ryan Kelley, Otter Valley: A 43-point effort helped the Otters upset Mill River.
* Nate Lumsden, Missisquoi: Scored 25 points to help No. 9 Missisquoi knock off rival and eighth-seeded BFA-St. Albans.
* Jahnathan Mitchell, Mount St. Joseph: Tallied 46 points to surpass 1,000 for his career.
* Dimitri Vasiliadis, Hazen: Recorded 30 points and 17 rebounds to help Hazen exact revenge on Poultney from last year’s playdown loss.
BY THE NUMBERS
* 2: The number of points Essex’s Tommy Carton needs to reach 1,000 for his career. The Hornets, who beat Lyndon in the playdowns, travel to face No. 2 Rutland on Saturday.
* 3: Missisquoi’s win total as a Division I team in the boys basketball tournament.
* 5: The number of years since St. Johnsbury boys basketball team’s last quarterfinals appearance.
* 1,000: Enosburg’s Brandon Gleason hit the career milestone Wednesday, netting 27 points in a playdown win over rival Richford.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Cinderella runs: Via the research of Bennington Banner’s Austin Danforth, the winner of No. 13 Mount Anthony at No. 12 Burlington quarterfinal will be the highest seed to reach Patrick Gym since BFA-St. Albans did it as a 16-seed in 1985.
“You hope he doesn’t get a lot of touches. It’ll probably be an up-and-down game,” said St. Johnsbury coach Tom O’Shea about Saturday’s Division I quarterfinal matchup against Matt St. Amour and ninth-seeded Missisquoi.
* “Been covering games in Enosburg for 20 years, never seen more cars, people than for tonight’s playoff game vs. Richford. #willeveryonefit?” — @ColdHollowPhoto (Shawn Corrow).
* “One upset down, coming for you Burlington !” – @AaryBibens (Aaryngston Bibens), Mount Anthony boys basketball standout.
* The boys basketball playdown rounds wrap up with eight games.