* Kyle Arnold, Rutland: Arnold knocked down 15 points in the second quarter to help Rutland pull ahead of Essex in a 66-48 quarterfinal win over the Hornets. Arnold’s 17 points helped No. 2 Rutland book a spot in the Div. I semifinals.
* Sawyer Hescock, Middlebury: The Tigers earned a 6-2 win over No. 8 Spaulding and Hescock led the way with two goals and two assists.
* Jason Manwaring, Williamstown: Manwaring’s double-double (27 points, 14 rebounds) led No. 1-seed Williamstown to a quarterfinal win.
By the numbers
* 6: The number of years since Arlington last reached Barre Auditorum. The Eagles broke through Saturday.
* 12: The number of 3-pointers Burlington hit in Saturday’s quarterfinal win. The number also represents BHS’s seed, the highest to reach the D-I semifinals since 1985.
Did you know?
* With a 61-47 win Saturday, Twinfield knocked Danville out of the playoffs for the fourth straight year. Twinfield beat Danville in the Division IV state final in 2011 and 2012 and knocked them out in the quarterfinal round this year.
* “We’ve won three state championships and all three of them, we’ve had a scare. … Hopefully, this is the big scare to wake us up a little bit,” said coach Paul Pecor, whose Rice boys basketball team survived No. 6 Spaulding’s near upset.
* “Patrick bound #vthsbasketball #vtplayoffs #2moregames” — @vtballplayer (Matt Maynard), a Rice Memorial boys basketball junior.
* “Someone bring me Chinese food #VTplayoffs #BrokenZamboni” — @Mnelson711 (Matt Nelson), a Colchester boys hockey defenseman.
* Semifinals games at Barre Auditorium begin Monday, plus the girls Alpine title is handed out at Stowe.