* Year in school/sport: Senior singles player on the Tigers’ girls tennis team.
* Highlights: Wurm went 3-0 and won her 100th career match at No. 3 singles as Tech took first Saturday at the Monticello Invitational.
* What has competing in athletics taught you?
“The importance of teamwork and time management. It’s taught me to always give my best effort in everything I do.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “It would probably have to be when we went to state (in tennis) last year. The past couple years had been kind of tought because we had some tough losses. It was great to get past that. It was a lot of fun.”
* What’s your pre-match routine? “We always drive down to South (courts for home meets) right away and we have just a short time to warm up … I work on my short stuff, then my ground strokes and then volleys … And then we play.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Does it have to be in tennis? I’m pretty sure I air-balled a free throw my freshman year (in varsity basketball) …. It was an away game at least. I was pretty mad at myself.”
* Favorite food: Fajitas.
* Favorite movie: Bridesmaids.
* Favorite TV show: Scandal.
* Favorite Web site: Twitter.
* What are your post-high-school plans? She’s thinking about a kinesiology major at St. Thomas, Minnesota or Wisconsin. She’s probably not continuing her athletic career.
* What’s next? Tech (7-0 Central Lakes, 10-4 overall) plays at 4:30 p.m. Tuesday at Willmar (3-5, 5-9).