* Year in school/sport: Sophomore on the Spartans’ girls golf team.
* Highlights: Sorensen shot a 76 to tie for second Saturday at the Cardinal Invitational at Alexandria. Rocori took fifth in the meet, which included defending state Class 2A champion Detroit Lakes.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “Discipline and just to always be a good sportsman.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably finishing the state tournament last year (at The Ridges of Sand Creek) with a fairly long putt that I made to get a 79 (and finish ninth).”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “Listen to music, talk to my dad (Rocori assistant coach Dave Sorensen) and set my goals for the day.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I took a volleyball to the face once in a (ninth-grade) match. That was kind of embarrassing.”
* Favorite food: Pizza.
* Favorite movie: Bridesmaids.
* Favorite TV show: House Hunters.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I hopefully want to golf in college somewhere. Getting a scholarship is my goal.”
* What’s next? Rocori, which was host to a Central Lakes Conference meet Monday at Rich-Spring Golf Course, plays Thursday at Fergus Falls in another conference meet.
Sorensen’s 76 was a great way to start the delayed 2013 season.
“She doesn’t get rattled,” Rocori head coach Ted Faber said. “Her golf maturity is impressive. She’s always had the skill. Now, if she hit a double-bogey, it’s OK. She’ll come back with a bunch of pars and not let it affect her. She doesn’t give up. She doesn’t wreck her whole day over a bad hole.”