* Year in school/sport: Senior hitter/setter.
* Highlights: Stedje had 32 kills, 36 assists and 31 digs as Sauk Rapids won the championship of the Mound-Westonka Invitational. The Storm went 3-1, beating Rockford and St. Anthony
Village and losing to Mound-Westonka in pool play.
Sauk Rapids then was awarded a berth in the championship match based on tie-breaker criteria and beat Rogers in the final.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me about how to be a leader and how to be a teammate and work with other people.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “Probably my sophomore year when our varsity beat (St. Cloud) Tech in the playoffs. That was an awesome time for us.”
* What’s your pre-match routine? “Our team always stands in the hall before the game and does the “Dog-Cat” cheer … We basically just scream. It has nothing to do with volleyball.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “One time we ran out at the beginning of the game and I ran in the wrong direction.”
* Favorite food: Ice cream.
* Favorite movie: The Hunger Games.
* Favorite TV show: Teen Wolf.
* Favorite website: Twitter.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I hope to do something in athletic training or the physical therapy field and also play volleyball …. I’ve looked at a couple of schools, but I haven’t narrowed it down.”
* What’s next? Sauk Rapids (0-3 Central Lakes, 3-4 overall) is host to St. Cloud Tech (1-2, 1-2) at 7 p.m. Tuesday in a Central Lakes Conference match.
The teams are evenly matched and each is trying to move into the upper half of the conference.
“It’s going to be a tight one just because they’re kind of the same type of team as we are,” Stedje said.