* Year in school/sport: Senior shortstop on the softball team.
* Highlights: Paulsen is coming off a week in which she went 14-for-21 (a .667 batting average) with 16 RBI. Included was a 6-for-6 effort with eight RBI in a 21-10 win over St. Cloud Cathedral.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “I’ve been an athlete all my life and it’s taught me many things. It’s taught me about dedication and time-management skills, about how to balance school and sports and how to make the best use of your time. And it’s taught me about team work and how to be dedicated to your team. It’s helped me make a lot of new friends, too.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “My favorite game of my career would have to been last year against Brainerd’s varsity. We held them to one run the whole game and even though we ended up losing, we were able to keep it really close. It was intense and fun.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “I don’t really have anything I do personally. As a team, we do some stretching and warm up. We hit off a tee and take a few cuts. We put a lot of emphasis on hitting off the tee so that are swings are as perfect as possible.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “Can I go to basketball? … Our playoff game this year with Sartell, my name was announced and I ran all the way across the court like we do at our home games, only I wasn’t supposed to go that far. It was pretty embarrassing.”
* Favorite food: Chicken, steak or corn on the cob.
* Favorite movie: Hunger Games.
* Favorite TV show: Either a Twins game or a Timberwolves game.
* Favorite Web site/video game: “I really don’t do much on the internet except for my homework.” She doesn’t play video games.
* What are your post-high-school plans? She plans to attend the College of St. Benedict andmajor in math with a minor in accounting or exercise science. She is considering playing softball.
* What’s next? The Storm are host to a 4 p.m. doubleheader with Willmar today.
— Tom Elliott