Tearra Banks scored 22 points to help rally the Ballard High School girls’ basketball team to a 54-46 victory over Manual on Friday night.
The visiting Bruins (16-2), No. 6 in The Courier-Journal’s Litkenhous Ratings, outscored the No. 5 Lady Crimsons 32-22 in the second half after trailing 24-22 at halftime.
Poor free-throw shooting plagued both teams. The Lady Crimsons (10-5) were just 4 of 17, and Ballard hit 15 of 31.
Destony Curry led Manual with 16 points.
* South Oldham 50, Eastern 49: Corinne Sanford knocked down four straight free throws in the final 0:25 to boost the Dragons (5-11) over the visiting Eagles (10-5).
Kenzie Beaudrie led South Oldham with 12, and Jade Spalding had 21 to pace Eastern.
* North Bullitt 54, Bullitt Central 50: Savannah Morrison had 16 points and Caitlin Montgomery 10 points and eight rebounds as the host Eagles (10-6) held off the Cougars (6-10). Kayla Riggs led Bullitt Central with 15 points.
* Collins 41, Shelby County 36: Aaliyah Wells had 17 points as the Titans beat the host Rockets. Ksha Stoner came off the bench and scored all eight of her points in the final quarter for Collins, which led 27-26 after three periods.
Mackenzie Raizor led Shelby County with 12 points.
* Western 60, Atherton 53: Lelanda Matthews scored a game-high 27 points, pulled down 24 rebounds and swatted nine shots as the Warriors (8-6) got past the host Rebels (3-13). Atherton’s Sharon Walker had 18 points.
* St. Joseph’s Academy (Mo.) 57, Mercy 44: The host Jaguars (10-4) were outscored 30-20 in the second half and lost to the visitor from St. Louis.
Whitney Hartlage and Kayla Richardson each scored 18 points for Mercy.
* Male 55, Oldham County 48: Freshman center Iliyah Green scored 18 points and Taylor Jackson added 13 as the host Bulldogs (11-5) scored 21 fourth-quarter points to hold off the Colonels (7-8).
Oldham County’s Ashley McMurtrey led all scorers with 23 points.
* Jeffersontown 70, Fern Creek 38: The host Chargers (6-11) were outscored in every quarter and fell to the Tigers (6-11). J’town’s Daphene Brown led all scorers with 24 points. Fern Creek’s Corina Hawkins had 12 .
* Moore 59, Southern 38: The Mustangs (8-7) got 19 points from Jordann Horsman in the victory, and Amber Johnson added 15.
Makaila Hilliard led Southern with 23 points.
* Waggener 63, Presentation 29: The host Wildcats (9-8) raced to an 18-6 lead after the first quarter and shellacked the Toppers (6-11). Waggener’s Destiny Lamb made six 3-pointers and led the game with 24 points. Jada Jackson added 22.
* Pleasure Ridge Park 73, Valley 37: Kelsey Adwell finished with 20 points as the Panthers (16-3) blew past the Vikings (8-7). Dayshawna Harris was Valley’s top scorer with 14.
* Iroquois 64, Beth Haven 18: Tiffany Brown scored a game-high 21 points and connected on three 3-pointers as the host Raiders (5-9) cruised past the Bearcats (4-10).