A late steal and basket by Tonysha Curry lifted host Male over Collegiate 47-44 Tuesday night in a 26th District semifinal in high school girls’ basketball.
The eighth-grade duo of Janna Lewis and Curry paced the Bulldogs (17-10) with 10 and eight points, respectively.
Mikaela Wright led Collegiate with 17 points.
Male will face Assumption on Thursday for the district title.
* Assumption 76, Brown 13: The Rockets (19-7) built a 38-point halftime lead to crush the Bears (9-18).
Nora Kiesler totaled 15 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for Assumption, and Erin Mullen added 11 points.
21st at Fairdale
* Pleasure Ridge Park 74, Fairdale 34: The Panthers (23-6) got a game-high 29 points from Kelsey Adwell to defeat the host Bulldogs (4-24).
Paige Murphy added 15 points for PRP, which will go against today’s Holy Cross-Valley winner for the title on Friday.
Fairdale was led by Narrissa Keown’s 14 points.
24th at Fern Creek
* Mercy 79, Whitefield Academy 17: The Jaguars (16-10) jumped to a 25-2 first-quarter lead and throttled the Wildcats (13-16).
Kathryn Gross led Mercy with 13 points, and Whitney Hartlage chipped in 11.
Mercy and Bullitt East will hook up Friday for the district crown.
27th at Sacred Heart
* Seneca 59, Waggener 58: Sabrina Jackson netted a team-high 19 points and pulled down 16 points to lead the Redhawks (11-14) over the Wildcats (16-10). Kearie Pennie added 13 points and 13 rebounds for Seneca.
Stephanie Woolridge led Waggener with 19 points.
Seneca and Sacred Heart will compete for the district title on Thursday.
* Sacred Heart 68, Atherton 38: DaiJai Ruffin scored 21 points as the 18th-ranked Valkyries (21-8) snapped a three-game losing streak.
Sacred Heart shot 52 percent from the field, limited the Rebels (6-17) to 37.5 percent (15 of 40) and won the rebounding battle 37-21. Ruffin was the Valkyries’ only double-figure scorer, but 11 others scored.
Sharon Walker had 13 points for Atherton, which finished the season with a five-game losing streak.