Sacred Heart spurted to a 22-9 first-quarter lead and held back visiting Waggener 73-63 Tuesday night in high school girls’ basketball.
The Valkyries — ranked No. 12 in The Courier Journal Litkenhous Ratings — were led by Vanessa Baisas with 18 points. DaiJia Ruffin added a double-double with 16 points and 12 rebounds for the Valkyries (16-5).
Jada Jackson scored a game-high 21 points for Waggener (11-8).
* Spencer County 50, Carroll County 44: McKenzie Meyers scored 16 points to lead the visiting Bears (10-12) over the Lady Panthers (3-15). McKenna Pfeiffer added 13 points for Spencer County.
* Iroquois 56, Valley 46: Elizabeth Pryor scored a game-high 23 points and Tiffany Brown connected on four 3-pointers for 12 points as the host Raiders (7-10) beat the Vikings (8-9). Dayshawna Harris paced Valley with 17 points.
* Ballard 67, Seneca 50: The host Bruins (18-2), No. 5 in the Litratings, charged to an 18-4 first-quarter lead and cruised past the Redhawks (7-12) for their eighth win in a row. Ballard’s Cearra Banks shot a game-high 23 points. Sabrina Jackson led Seneca with 15 points.
* South Oldham 62, Collins 44: The host Dragons (7-12) broke open a close game with a 20-4 second quarter and outlasted the Titans (10-8). South Oldham’s Abbey Van Zant led the Titans with 13 points. Collins’s Aaliyah Wells scored 29 points.
* Eastern 91, Moore 62: Madison Raque erupted for a game-high 42 points as the visiting Eagles (13-6) cruised past the Mustangs (8-11). .
Elizabeth Horsman led Moore with 20 points.
* Atherton 64, Brown 41: Addison Murphy, Sharon Walker and Mackenzie Dozer all scored 15 points as the host Rebels (5-11) outscored the Bears (7-12) 35-21 in the second half to clinch the victory.
* Western 57, Southern 27: Datoria Higgins led all scorers with 24 points as the visiting Warriors (10-6) scored 37 points in the first half to beat the Trojans (3-13). Lelanda Matthews scored 11 points for Western.
* Bullitt East 63, Fern Creek 22: The Chargers (15-5) beat the host Tigers (7-12), led by Cady Cornell with 11 points.
* Jeffersontown 76, Doss 39: The Chargers (5-14) charged past the Dragons (1-13) as Alyx White scored 38 points.