Davis Mikell struck out 12 in a complete game, Hayden Smith’s two hits included a triple and two RBIs and host Champlain Valley topped Rice, 4-1, in a high school baseball game Tuesday.
Alex Henning also had two hits and Mikell drove in a run to aid his cause for the Redhawks (7-2), who sealed with a run in the sixth.
Charlie Boardman doubled and Will Conroy took the loss despite fanning 13 batters for Rice (7-4). Conroy also tripled.
* Colchester 9, North Country 1: Devon Dessormeau fanned 11 batters and went 2-for-4 at the plate to lead visiting Colchester past North Country.
Josh Rylant and Sean Callahan also went 2-for-4, each of them doubling for the 7-2 Lakers, who collected 10 hits and nine runs by the third inning.
Joel Larmach took the loss for North Country (0-9).
* Mount Mansfield 8, Middlebury 3: Mount Mansfield racked up 15 hits and scored six runs in the fifth inning to pull away from Middlebury.
Mitch Lane doubled, singled and scored two runs while Gregg Gosselin collected two hits and two RBIs. Monte Green went the distance for the win.
Taylor Paterson’s two hits included a double for Middlebury, which plated three unearned runs in the sixth inning. Tyler Provencher was the losing pitcher.
* South Burlington 19, Missisquoi 4 (5): Matt Baechle garnered a grand slam, a triple and five RBIs, and pitcher Connor Bradley allowed four hits and three earned runs in South Burlington’s win over visiting Missisquoi.
Colin Hanson (3-for-3, two doubles, two RBIs), Bernie Thibeault (3-for-5, double, RBI) and Jake LeVan also had huge days at the plate for the 9-1 Rebels, who racked up 16 runs in the fifth inning.
David Laroche went 2-for-3 with a double to pace MVU.
* Essex 9, Spaulding 1: Josh Baez went 3-for-4 with two doubles and an RBI, Tyler Warren also went 3-for-4 with an RBI, and Essex cruised to a win at Spaulding.
Justin Ward added double and two RBIs for Essex (8-2) and Luke Salerno was the winning pitcher with five strikeouts.
Mitchell Yacavoni (2-for-3, double) and Matt Goldsworthy (double) paced Spaulding (2-8). Dylan Watts took the loss.
* Mount Abraham 5, Burlington 3: Austin Lafayette’s two-run double keyed a five-run fifth inning that helped Mount Abraham erase a three-run deficit and slip past visiting Burlington.
Sawyer Kamman, the winning pitcher who went the distance, also doubled for MAU (4-6).
Noah Lipman and Austin Pine doubled for Burlington. Holden Acermanen was the losing pitcher.
* Danville 4, Winooski 2: C.J. Bigelow ripped an RBI and scored the go-ahead run as Danville scored three in the fifth inning to rally past Winooski.
Brett Elliott hurled nine strikeouts for Danville (7-5).
Losing pitcher Austin Mayo struck out eight.
* St. Johnsbury 5, BFA-St. Albans 3: St. Johnsbury scored two runs on an infield error with two outs in the top off the seventh inning to break a deadlock and win at BFA-St. Albans.
Andrew Graciano notched a double and two RBIs while Clay Morrison had a hit and scored twice for SJA. Colton Hudson earned a complete-game win.
Doug Saffo rapped out four singles and scored twice for BFA (6-4) while Brandon Streeter doubled and tripled. Chuck Richardson suffered the loss.
* Vergrennes 12, Milton 1: Devin Hayes tossed six innings of two-hit ball with six strikeouts and helped his cause in a win over Milton by producing three hits, a double and two RBIs.
Tommy Lee Hodsden added three hits and and RBI and Dylan Raymond slugged an RBI double for Vergennes.
Patrick Mullins and Colby Darling picked up Milton’s hits. Luke Covey was the losing pitcher.
* Lamoille 10, Peoples 0 (6): Nate Severence tossed six shutout innings and delivered an RBI single as Lamoille blanked host Peoples.
Riley Fitzgerald had three hits for Lamoille (8-1). Justin Tibbitts took the loss for Peoples (3-6-1).
* U-32 13, Montpelier 6: A fifth-run fourth inning broke up a tie game, giving visiting U-32 the win over rival Montpelier.
Winning pitcher Talison Perdue led U-32 with three hits. Perdue also struck out five and gave up six hits in five innings of work.
Connor Cossett had two hits for Montpelier.
* Enosburg 8, Hazen 6: Colton Boylan struck out 11 and Enosburg scored seven runs in the third and four innings to push past host Hazen.
Cam Caforia went 2-for-3 with two RBIs and Boylan doubled and tripled to aide his cause.
Eli Appleton and Pat Morrissey each had three hits and Luther Larson tripled and drove in a pair of runs for Hazen.
* Mount Mansfield 13, Middlebury 10: Sydney Lebourveau went 3-for-4 and Mount Mansfield held off Middlebury after taking a 11-1 lead in the first three innings.
Felicia Forsyth and Samantha Farmer each added two hits and Shelbe Van Winkle supplied a triple for MMU (4-7). Lebourveau was the winning pitcher with seven strikeouts.
Abby Lane, Hannah Lawrence and Molly Wright picked up two hits apiece for Middlebury (2-6).
* Burlington 7, Mount Abraham 6: Erika Lion’s two-run triple keyed a five-run seventh inning that rallied Burlington to a win at Mount Abraham.
Nikki Raub was the winning pitcher, giving up 10 hits and striking out four.
Melanie Rotax belted two home runs for MAU, which led 6-2 after Ashley Boise’s two-run triple in the sixth inning.
Vergennes 16, Milton 6: KC Ambrose went 5-for -5 with two doubles, a triple and five RBIs to power Vergennes past Milton.
Emilee Trudo (four hits) and Taylor Paquette (three hits, three RBIs) also contributed while Dani Brown scattered nine hits and fanned a dozen in picking up the win.
Kara Donaldson supplied two hits and drove in three runs to lead Milton.
* Champlain Valley 16, Rice 15: Michelle Christman, Claire Potter, Harley Marshall each supplied multi-hit efforts in host Champlain Valley’s win over Rice.
Potter also earned the win for 2-7 CVU, which held off a Rice rally in the seventh.
* Colchester 12, North Country 0: Emi Eakin tossed a three hitter with 15 strikeouts and Colchester cruised at North Country.
Sierra Cummings, Kendell Grammo and Rachel Cleary each had two hits for 8-2 Colchester.
Anna Bingham went 2-for-2 for North Country (2-7).
* Missisquoi 21, South Burlington 2 (5): An 11-run second inning helped Missisquoi to a win at South Burlington.
Sommer Libbey collected five hits, including a double, and Arica Bushey struck out seven in a five-hitter for 8-2 Missisquoi. Hannah Choiniere had two hits and Victoria Kinney tripled.
South Burlington’s Alex Groen singled twice
* BFA-Fairfax 13, Lake Region 5: Dani Russin and Kaitlyn Barnack each went 4-for-5 for host BFA-Fairfax, which batted around in the fourth inning to pull away from Lake Region and improve to 11-0.
Kayla Nester pounded two triples and Amanda Varney’s three hits included a double for BFA. Varney was also the winning pitcher, striking out seven and allowing five hits.
* BFA-St. Albans 4, St. Johnsbury 1: Bre Dupuis’ two-run double was one of BFA-St. Albans’ three hits in a win over visiting St. Johnsbury.
Samantha Dussault added an RBI single and a sacrifice fly for BFA (6-3). Devan Blodgett was the winning pitcher, scattering 10 hits.
Claire Van Der Eems collected three hits for SJA and Jenni Laferrier added a triple.
* Peoples 19, Lamoille 15: Megan LaMare struck out a pair to earn the win in Peoples’ victory over visiting Lamoille.
Meghan Krueger (three hits) and Juli Duca (two hits) were the offensive leaders for Peoples (3-7). Lamoille (0-9) was led by Emily Peavey (triple) and Heather Whitcomb, who had three hits and took the loss in the pitcher’s circle.
* Enosburg 16, Hazen 2: Emilee Bose hurled 14 strikeouts and allowed three hits, and Enosburg blasted three home runs in a win at Hazen.
Megan Bosley homered and doubled, Shania Gokey collected a home run and two singles, and Courtney Tatro homered for the Hornets.
Eliza Bellavance doubled for Hazen (0-9), with Nerissa Coolbeth and Heaven Smith picking up the other Wildcat hits. Monica Kerr took the loss.
* Williamstown 15, Rivendell 5: Nicole Wartz slugged two doubles and a single, Megan Landgraf went 3-for-4, and Williamstown benefited from 14 walks in a win over Rivendell.
Courtney Scholtz was the winning pitcher.