Laurel Jaunich hit a 10-foot baseline jumper as time expired to send the Champlain Valley Union High School girls basketball to a 49-47 victory over Burlington at Buck Hard Gym on Tuesday night.
Kaelyn Kohlasch tallied 17 points and Emily Kinneston chipped in 10 for the 9-0 Redhawks, who made 7 of 11 free throws.
Kaitlin Garrison led BHS (6-3) with 10 points while Breanna Pidgeon added nine points and Ilona and Oliver Maher each contributed eight. The Seahorses hit 13 of 23 from the foul line.
* South Burlington 43, Milton 28: Allie Flaherty netted 19 points with seven rebounds and five steals to lead South Burlington over Milton.
Mary Flynn helped out the Rebels with eight points and nine rebounds while Sarah Shiman forced five steals.
Nicole Menard led the way for Milton with 14 points and teammate Samantha Ryea chipped in with nine points.
* Essex 50, BFA-St. Albans 39: Jessie Barnett and Kara Sheftic scored 11 points apiece as visiting Essex turned back BFA-St. Albans to improve to 9-1.
Alex Macfarlane added 10 points for the Hornets, who led 21-18 at halftime.
Leilani King led BFA (5-4) with 11 points.
* Winooski 58, Richford 50 OT: Brianna Robare’s 28 points and Ashley Antoniak’s fourth-quarter 3-pointers helped Winooski rally past host Richford.
Robare tallied 17 of her points in the second quarter while Antoniak, who finished with 11 points, knocked down a pair of 3-pointers in the fourth quarter for the Spartans (8-3).
Johanna Sherrer and Cabby Coons each scored 12 points for the Falcons.
* Missisquoi 38, Mount Mansfield 34: Ending a losing streak that dates back to the 2009-2010 season, Missisquoi outlasted host Mount Mansfield.
Laura Flint paced MVU (1-8) with 10 points while Chelsea Boudreau added nine.
Colby Knight (seven points, 11 rebounds) and Elly Zelazny (eight points) produced for MMU (0-10).
* Colchester 49, Middlebury 13: Jackie Nagle tallied a dozen points as visiting Colchester upended Middlebury.
Sarah Paskevich added nine points for the Lakers (6-4).
* St. Johnsbury 27, North Country 20: Brigette Rankin’s 10 points paced host St. Johnsbury over North Country.
Anna Bingham led the way for North Country with 10 points.
* BFA-Fairfax 40, Montpelier 37: Chace Carpenter’s 3-pointer with 20 seconds left in regulation helped BFA-Fairfax remain undefeated, topping host Montpelier.
The sophomore guard finished with 19 points while Meghan Bochanski totaled 10 points for Fairfax (10-0).
Sarah Curran led Montpelier (5-4) with 13 points.
* Mount Abraham 50, Vergennes 19: Ashley Fay netted 16 points for Mount Abraham in a win at Vergennes.
Lizzie Huizenga added 12 points and Meghan Livingston scored eight for Mount Abraham (10-1).
Caitlin Chaput led Vergennes (1-9) with nine points.
* Winsooki 68, Enosburg 59: Kyle Bigelow’s 27 points included a key 3-pointer in the fourth quarter that that stemmed visiting Enosburg’s rally.
Ali Omar added 21 points for the Spartans, who were up 14 at halftime and 15 at the end of three quarters.
Wyatt Larose netted 20 points and Brandon Gleason scored 19 to pace Enosburg.
* Peoples 48, Northfield 33: Seppe Angione netted 14 points and host Peoples used a 16-6 fourth-quarter edge to get past Northfield.
Tyler Beattie added a dozen points for PA (4-7).
Northfield’s Brad Medow scored 16 points.
* Rivendell 78, Blue Mountain 50: Tim Stimpson dropped in 19 points, Nate Eastman scored 17, and Rivendell pulled away from visiting Blue Moutaintain with a 26-11 third-quarter run.
Josh Marschall added 11 points for Rivendell (8-1).
Damien Smith (15 points) and Kyle Farquharson (10) topped BMU.
* U-32 74, Harwood 48: Kyler Weaver poured in 26 points and Ryan Booth chipped in 21 points as U-32 picked up its fourth straight win at visiting Harwood’s expense.
Chris Collins added 11 points for the Raiders (6-5).
* Rochester 73, Chelsea 36: Pavin Parrish dialed up 31 points as Rochester improved to 9-1 at Chelsea’s expense.
Clay Walker, Derek Gendron and Tanner Pratt 10 points each for the Rockets, who led 34-19 at the break.
Chelsea’s Wyatt Kay scored 13 points.
* Lake Region 66, Richford 43: Drew Gallup led the way with 18 points and Alex Beauregard added 11 as Lake Region handled Richford.
Richford’s Brett McAllister scored 20 points and Jeremy Franklin added 10.
* Randolph 60, Oxbow 48: Ben Jickling dropped in 14 points and host Randolph used a 22-7 second-quarter edge in its win.
Ross Caswell tossed in a dozen points and Levi West put in nine for Randolph (7-4).
Andrew Lyman’s 18 points and Caleb Lafaille’s 11 led Oxbow.
* Thetford 47, Lyndon 33: Aiden Cleaves tallied 15 points and Ian Weider added a dozen in Thetford’s win at Lyndon.
Lyndon’s Mason Lantz scored 11 points.
* Hazen 63, Danville
59: Andrew Demers drained nine 3-pointers and finished with 30 points in Hazen’s win.
Adam Celley added 16 points for 4-6 Hazen.
Jacob Mills (20 points) and Kyle Johnson (15) led Danville.