Burlington at South
Burlington, 7 p.m.
* A pair of senior-heavy squads kick off the season, and both teams are motivated. The Seahorses’ motto might be finish after several lost fourth-quarter leads in 2012. The Rebels might have an explosive offense that could put them near the top of the division.
Champlain Valley at
Colchester, 7 p.m.
* With enough pieces back, the Redhawks should have a potent offense. But how about the Lakers? Their offense might have some new wrinkles with more passing plays tossed into the game plan.
Middlebury, 7 p.m.
* A year ago, the Hornets used a fourth-quarter rally to stun the Tigers. Most of those playmakers from Essex graduated and Middlebury returns plenty of experience and likely good memories.
North Country at
Milton, 7 p.m.
* The Yellowjackets start their season without quarterback Cole Reilly, a key component to their dynamic offense. How will that affect Milton at the start?
Mount Mansfield at
BFA-St. Albans, 7 p.m.
* The Cougars, outside of the playoff picture the past two seasons, could make a statement in Week 1 at BFA-St. Albans.