Jason Cora ran for 199 yards and a touchdown and Champlain Valley pulled away to topple St. Johnsbury 30-14 in Division I high school football Saturday.
Steele DuBrul had TD runs of 8 and 14 yards and Matt Goldsborough returned an interception 80 yards for a touchdown that gave CVU a 30-7 lead in the fourth quarter.
Max Whitcomb kicked a short field goal for CVU’s first points. The Redhawks (4-0) finished with 355 yards on the ground.
Colton Hudson (71 yards) and Dylan Shattuck (3) had St. Johnsbury’s TDs on rushing plays.
* Lyndon 36, Rice 16: Rice sprinted out to a 16-0 lead in the first quarter and then host Lyndon took over the game, scoring 36 unanswered points in a D-II win over the Green Knights.
Josh Guyer ran for 119 yards on 12 carries and rushed for two touchdowns for Lyndon (4-0). Matt Valentine also rushed for two scores, his first coming in the third quarter and giving the Vikings their first lead of the game.
Quarterback Josh Shufelt was Lyndon’s leading rusher with 172 yards. Shufelt also hit Kyle Cippelone with a 60-yard touchdown pass.
Chris Jansen ran for a 5-yard touchdown and threw a 25-yard yass that Matt Maynard caught for a score to lead the Green Knights (2-2).
* BFA-Fairfax 35, Windsor 14: Matt Larose scored two of his three touchdowns as host BFA-Fairfax forced five turnovers and pulled away for a win over Windsor.
Larose finished with 97 yards on 12 carries. Cam Place (92 yards, one TD) and Luke Langlier (86 yards, one TD) also produced for Fairfax (2-2), which scored 21 unanswered points following Windsor’s tying score.
Ethan Hill paced Windsor with 125 rushing yards. Hill also ran for a score and tossed a TD to Tyson Boudro.
* Mount Abraham 38, Spaulding 6: Tommy Lee Hodsden eclipsed 1,000 yards rushing for the season as host Mount Abraham defeated Spaulding in a nonleague game.
Hodsden went 64 yards for a touchdown on Mount Abraham’s first play from scrimmage and finished with 135 yards on 12 carries.
Joey Payea tossed two TDs — one to Tyrus Keith (10 yards) and another to Mike White (54 yards) — while Nate Rowell capped the Eagles’ scoring with a 8-yard run in the fourth.
Kevin Collins caught caught a 14-yard TD pass from Josh Gosselin for Spaulding’s lone score.
The Eagles (3-1) led 22-0 at halftime.
* Bellows Falls 52, North Country 0: Carson Fullam totaled three touchdowns and ran for 126 yard in host Bellows Falls’ win over North Country.
Fullam’s first two scores went for 49 and 51 yards, respectively, for the Terriers (2-2). Ian McKeen, Jakob Mead and Kyle O’Rourke each added a short-yardage touchdown.
Ethan Illingworh threw a 45-yard TD pass to Brian McAnuff for Bellows Falls.
* Poultney 40, Mount St. Joseph 28: Jacob Cook ran for 188 yards and a 41-yard touchdown to lead Poultney to a win over visiting Mount St. Joseph.
Mike Davenport threw a 20-yard TD pass to Sam White and Sean Shepardson returned a kickoff 70 yards to the end zone for the Blue Devils.
Collin Gilbert threw for 291 yards and two touchdowns for MSJ.