Matty Cuce and Avery Steele each had two goals and an assist as Colchester dropped Rutland, 7-0, in a high school boys hockey game at Leddy Arena.
Ryan Francis (assist), Will Steele and Jared Ryant also tallied for the Lakers (8-3-2), who struck for three goals in the first period.
Colchester’s Matt McBride turned away 26 shots while Rutland’s Jason MacFarlane made 22 saves.
* BFA-St. Albans 1, Champlain Valley 1: BFA-St. Albans and Champlain Valley scored 15 seconds apart in the second period but neither could team could find the back of the net again and settled for a tie.
Jack Hall scored on a power play for CVU (8-2-3). Alex Bulla and Jeremy Lerner earned the assists. Greg Talbert made 16 saves.
Connor Boyce responded for the Bobwhites (5-6-2). Andre Morin made 29 stops.
* Essex 2, Rice 1: Brody Almeida scored with seven minutes left in the third period to break a deadlock and send visiting Essex past Rice.
Steve Morse gave Essex a 1-0 lead in the second, which was leveled by Rice’s Colby Audette in the same period.
Brock Paquette made 12 saves for Essex while Rice’s Jamie Cruikshank stopped 31 shots.
* U-32 8, Mount Mansfield 0: Cole Mugford supplied three goals, Shane O’Neill scored twice, and visiting U-32 tallied five times in the third period to defeat Mount Mansfield at the Essex Skating Facility.
Andrew Danyew and Connor Rice rounded out U-32’s scoring, with Jordan Blais working the six-save shutout.
Joe Airoldi made 25 saves for MMU.
* Harwood 7, Peoples 1: Sam Boylan’s three goals and three assists fueled Harwood’s win over host Peoples.
Erik Bertalan (two goals, assist), Ty Delphia (goal) and Jordan Atkins (goal) also produced for Harwood (5-7-1).
Willy McGowan and Elliot Emberely combined for 15 saves for Harwood. Lucas Caldwell made 21 stops for Peoples.
* North Country 6, Missisquoi 2: Ross Delabruere and Kody Halakis each tallied two goals as visiting North Country skated past Missisquoi.
Ryan Paul and Brody Jacobs also scored while Chris Bronson made 19 saves for the Falcons (10-2-1).
Jack Raleigh and Dylan Lafountain scored, with Nate Muller stopping 36 shots for MVU (3-10-1).
* Northfield 9, Lyndon 2: Jackson Tucker had a four-goal game as visiting Northfield defeated Lyndon.
Michael Passalaqua (two goals), Jordan Lumsden (two goals) and Gabe Drown (one goal) also scored for Northfield (11-2-1).
Pauel Brabeck and Cody Knight scored for Lyndon (0-12-1) and Deryk Colburn made 44 stops.
Essex 6, Champlain Valley 0: Taylor Hallowell supplied three goals and an assist, Melanie Theriault scored the game’s first two goals and assisted on another, and host Essex blanked Champlain Valley.
Kathleen Young (one goal, two assists) also produced a multipoint effort while Victoria Gibson (seven saves) and Vika Simons (three) worked the shutout for the 8-5-1 Hornets.
CVU’s Laurel Hubbert-Severance made 20 saves
* Rice 2, Northfield 2: Katy Ranaldo scored with 12 seconds remaining in regulation to tie the game as Rice earned a tie with Northfield.
Caroline Provost also scored for Rice (4-3-2) and Addie Stillman made 21 saves.
Libby Start and Kristin Duquette scored for Northfield (8-5-1).
* Spaulding 6, Hartford 1: Ashley Pelkey’s three goals helped Spaulding win at Hartford.
Julia Ormsby, Emma Ferland and Beth Scott also tallied for the Crimson Tide, which pumped in three third-period goals to pull away. Karli Chouinard made 11 saves for the Tide (10-2).
Alex Fogg scored and Beth Potter stopped 21 shots for Hartford (3-10-1).
* Stowe 7, Woodstock 0: Ricki Haub had a hat trick as host Stowe downed Woodstock.
Katie Stames scored twice, and Alexis Turner and Kathryn Feeny each added goals for Stowe (4-8). Danielle Mayo made nine saves.
Erin Tortolano made 19 stops for Woodstock (0-14).
* BFA-St. Albans 5, Burr and Burton 1: Jade Remillard had four assists as BFA-St. Albans skated to a win over host Burr and Burton.
Danielle Schreiner and Chelsea Ellis each had two goals and Jen Deso added a goal for the Comets (9-2-2). Shanley Howrigan made 18 stops.
Aggie Bisselle scored and Meg Chandler made 42 saves for Burr and Burton (5-7-1).
Colchester 6, Missisquoi 2: Taylor Dion had two goals to lift Colchester to a win over visiting Missisquoi.
Sierra Cummings, Kellie Lockerby, Jensen Hamblett, and Erin Turner also scored for Colchester (9-4). Erica Hoffmann made 22 saves.
Mallory L’Esperance and Caitlin Fortin scored and Hannah Bockus made 29 saves for Missisquoi (6-6-1).