Jared Quick headed home two first-half goals to send second-seeded BFA-Fairfax past No. 15 Northfield 3-0 in a Division III high school boys soccer playdown Tuesday.
Alex Ferguson also scored and Brandon Cardinal stopped five shots for Fairfax, which had two goals on corner kicks and racked up 23 shots.
* (1) Stowe 14, (16) Windsor 0: Wyatt Galfetti scored 43 seconds in to kick off a Stowe rout of visiting Windsor.
Cam Taylor scored three times in the same of about five minutes, Alec Wehse also netted a hat trick and Vince Van Patten and Mac Arnot each scored twice for the Raiders.
Robert Buonanno, Cottie Gotham, Gabe Eliasson and Jake Baraw rounded out Stowe’s goals. Mark Infante made one save in Stowe’s net.
* (3) Williamstown 4, (14) South Royalton 2: Konnor Dexter, Seth Atherton, Hunter McLaughlin and Garret Poulin had the goals in host Williamstown’s win over South Royalton.
Eric Hulbert made six saves for Williamstown, which had a 15-shot advantage in the first half. Keanan Thompson had both of South Royalton’s goals, each coming in the final 10 minutes of regulation.
* (4) Lake Region 4, Oxbow 0: Four goals from Alex Beauregard did the trick for Lake Region in its shutout win over visiting Oxbow.
Beauregard, who matched a program record with 25 goals this season, tallied off assists from Dominick Trucotte (two), Josh Thibeault and Bryant Prue. Danny Epinette and Caleb Derbyshire combined for 10 saves in the Rangers’ (11-2-2) win.
Michael Hedge had 15 saves for the Olympians (5-10).
* (6) Green Mountain 2, (11) Hazen 0: Jake Cavacas scored both goals as Green Mountain blanked visiting Hazen.
* (10) Peoples 1, (7) Randolph 0: Tyler Beattie’ goal with about 16 minutes left in regulation paved the way for Peoples win at Randolph.
* (3) Sharon 1, (14) Whitcomb
0 (2OT): Tanner James got a header on a Silas Mead free kick with less than five minutes to play in double overtime as Sharon escaped Whitcomb’s upset bid.
Whitcomb (2-11-2) goalkeeper Derrick Gendron had nine saves while Sawyer Levy had six stops for the Phoenix (10-2-3).
* (5) Danville 7, (12) Concord 0: Gabe Farr supplied three goals and two assists in host Danville’s win over Concord.
BJ Roy, Tom Raeck, Connor Johnson and Jake Boudreau also provided goals for Danville, which led 4-0 at halftime.
Danville’s Kyle Johnson stopped two shots. Concord’s Brody Young came away with 15 saves.
* (2) Proctor 5, (15) Twinfield
2: A hat trick and an assist from Dan Smith fueled Proctor to a win against visiting Twinfield.
Nick Ojala and Braeden Fox also scored for the Phantoms as they improved to 9-2-4. Reid Farley notched two saves in the win. Brandon Walker and Caleb Martin tallied for the Trojans (1-13-1), who got 12 saves from Eli Wilson.
* (4) Cabot 7, (13) Long Trail 0: Darren Celley racked up four goals as host Cabot dropped Long Trail.
Tiger Bastress (assist), Adlai Feldman and Joe Ambroz also tallied for Cabot, which received seven saves for Seth Herrick.
Mark Edmunds made 11 stops for Long Trail.
* (8) Arlington 7, (9) Craftsbury
1: Lucas Stroffoleno scored twice and Jared Lacoste had a goal and two assists as Arlington pulled away from Craftsbury (7-7-1).
Konnor Andrews, Alex Paustian, Ryan Spencer and Adam Sears also scored for the Eagles (8-6-1) and DJ Jennings had four saves.
* (6) Black River 2, (11) Blue Mountain 0: Ethan VanGuilder produced a goal and an assist in the first half to pace Black River’s win over visiting Blue Mountain.
Ben Veysey also scored for the Presidents (9-4-2). Mark Puffer had five saves for the Bucks (4-11).
* (7) Chelsea 6, (10) West Rutland
0: Leandro Gomez had a hat trick to power Chelsea (9-5-1) to a rout of West Rutland (4-8-3).