Lucas Aube scored the only points of the overtime period, a field goal with about 20 seconds to go to lift Champlain Valley to a 42-40 victory over Colchester in a high school boys basketball game Monday night.
Brad Bissonette and Joe Chevaliler led CVU (6-5) with 10 points each while Austin Busch’s two free throws with less than a minute to play forced overtime.
Ricky Giroux and Matt Bellows tallied nine points apiece for the Lakers (2-8).
* St. Johnsbury 51, Spaulding 42: Vlad Cobzaru had 18 points as St. Johnsbury defeated host Spaulding to remain unbeaten.
Brendan O’Shea added 13 points for St. Johnsbury (11-0).
Evan Grubb led all scorers with 28 points for Spaulding (6-5).
* Mount Mansfield 54, Burlington 31: Mount Mansfield jumped out to a quick lead and did not look back as it downed host Burlington.
Sean Springer led Mount Mansfield (7-2) with 12 points and Alec Carew chipped in with 11.
Burlington dropped to 4-6.
* BFA-St. Albans 64, South Burlington 48: Darren Callan scored 23 points to lead BFA-St. Albans to a win over host South Burlington.
Caleb McLane and Jordan Stone each had 10 points for the Bobwhites (5-5).
Cam Nolting led South Burlington (1-10) with 13 points and Connor Burke added 11.
* Colchester 6 Hartford 2: Erin Turner scored twice and Erica Hoffmann made 31 saves to lead host Colchester past Hartford at Leddy Arena.
Taylor Dion (two assists) and Kellie Lockerby (assist) also tallied for 7-3 Colchester.
For Hartford, Haley Grigel and Megan Boardman scored and Erin Hudson sopped 32 shots.
* Middlebury 2, U-32 0: Middlebury scored a goal in the second and third period to earn a win over visiting U-32.
Nora McLaughlin and Sara Bow each scored a goal for the Tigers (6-4). Baily Ryan made 11 stops.
Cheyenne Smith made 37 saves for U-32 (1-8).
* Williamstown 63, Harwood 37: Charissa Carrier poured 33 points and host Williamstow opened a 18-4 lead after the first quarter in dispatching Harwood.
Dani Jessmonth (seven points, 14 steals) and Kimmy Gilbert (eight points, 12 rebounds) also contributed for 6-2 Williamstown.
Sabrina Burbank tallied 11 points and Jennifer James put in 10 for Harwood (5-3).
* Lake Region 48, Lyndon 39: Emily Lawson dropped in a dozen points, Drew Neal added 11, and host Lake Region topped Lyndon.
Kayla Jardine tallied 20 points for Lyndon.
* U-32 52, Randolph 13: Madison Bennett scored 18 points to help U-32 down visiting Randolph and win its eighth game in a row.
Kristen Keene added 12 points for the Raiders (9-1).
Randolph drops to 2-7.
* Twinfield 47, Danville 27: Meg John had a big night to help host Twinfield to a win over Danville.
John had 22 points and 19 rebounds for Twinfield (6-4).
Pam Greaves put in 10 points to pace Danville (4-5).