With four players reaching double figures for the first time this season, the Winooski High School boys basketball team earned a 56-39 victory over Stowe on Tuesday.
Kevin Pham (14 points), Abdi Kadawe (11), Kassain Prior (11) and Kyle Bigelow (10) led the way for Winooski (10-5), which extended its four-point halftime lead during a 14-5 third-quarter run. The Spartans have won six straight.
Stowe (4-10) was paced by Robert Buonanno (14 points) and Petey Walsh (10).
* Mount Abraham 58, Milton 49: Sawyer Kamman dialed up 22 points as visiting Mount Abraham defeated Milton.
Mark Jipner added 16 points for the Eagles (2-12).
Derryk O’Grady led Milton with 24 points.
* Vergennes 75, Missisquoi 55: Undefeated Vergennes opened the game on a 20-7 run and never looked back in its win over visiting Missisquoi.
Stanley Salley racked up 21 points and 13 rebounds, and Shep Carter (21 points) and Charlie Stapleford (19) also had strong games for Vergennes (15-0).
Matt St. Amour’s 31 points paced Missisquoi (9-5), which also got eight points apiece from R.J. Machia and Nathan Lumsden.
* Thetford 58, Lyndon 53: Thetford converted seven of eight free throws in the fourth quarter to hold off visiting Lyndon.
Brandon Grey’s 23 points led Thetford (11-4), which also received 11 points from Ian Wider and 10 from Dominic Chatot.
Lyndon (7-8) was paced by Kyle Cipolloni (20 points), Josiah Kimball (10) and Mason Lantz (10).
* Montpelier 47, Harwood 31: The Solons hit 12 of 14 foul shots in the fourth quarter to overcome a 27-26 deficit at the end of three quarters and dispatch Harwood.
Cody Therrien added 12 points and Jacob Smith scored 11 for Montpelier.
Jacob Quirion led Harwood (7-8) with 10 points.
* BFA-Fairfax 67, Northfield 36: Kris Wehner put in 16 points as host BFA-Fairfax dropped Northfield.
Jared Demar added 15 points for 11-4 Fairfax, which led 44-29 after three quarters.
Northfield’s Ryan Payette scored 17 points.
* Hazen 67, Lake Region 60: Behind Dimitri Vasiliadis’ 21 points, visiting Hazen gave Lake Region its first loss of the season.
Adam Celley added 14 points and Andrew Demers dropped in a dozen points for Hazen (7-7), which used a 21-11 third-quarter run to seize control.
Drew Gallup (15 points), Caleb Prue (14) and Alex Beauregard (11) led Lake Region (14-1)
* U-32 50, Randolph 36: Kyler Weaver racked up 23 points to pace U-32 past visiting Randolph.
Zeb Boldic added 10 points for the Raiders (10-5), who used a 18-9 second-run advantage to pull away and earn their eighth-straight win.
Randolph’s Brandon Keyes had nine points.
* Enosburg 48, Peoples 30: Branden Gleason scored 17 points and Zach Lundbord added 10 in host Enosburg’s win over Peoples.
Peoples’ Tyler Beattie scored seven points. Enosburg improves to 9-6.
* Danville 69, Richford 34: Kyle Johnson poured in 32 points to power host Danville past Richfor.d
Brett McAllister recorded a dozen points for Richford.
* Williamstown 72, Rivendell 57: Jason Manwaring racked up 29 points and 14 rebound as Williamstown ran its record to 15-0 with a win over Rivendell.
Devin Duff added 15 points and 14 boards for the Blue Devils and Hunter McLaughlin scored 10 points.
Nate Eastman poured in 20 points for Rivendell (10-3), with Josh Marshall chipping in 11 points and Jack Steketee scoring 10.
* Oxbow 58, Lamoille 54: Caleb Lafaille pumped in 25 points, Andrew Lyman popped in 20 and host Oxbow slipped past Lamoille.
Joe Ganger had 15 points and Derek Vanat tossed in 13 for Lamoille.
* Rochester 82, Whitcomb 36: Pavin Parrish tossed in 29 points, Tanner Pratt scored 12, and Rochester rolled past visiting Whitcomb to improve to 13-1.
Stephen Davis paced Whitcomb with 18 points.
* Blue Mountain 63, Sharon 48: Kyle Farquharson (22 points, nine rebounds) and Nick Gordon (18 points, nine rebounds) nearly earned double-doubles in host Blue Mountain’s win.
Damian Smith added 13 points and eight assists for BM (8-5).
Websterville 36, Trinity Baptist 35: A jump shot by Will Persons with 10 seconds remaining was the difference in Websterville’s win over Trinity Baptist at Barre.
Wyatt Morrison led Websterville with 17 points. Jack Barton had eight for Trinity Baptist.
* BFA-St. Albans 50, Burlington 43: Lauren Larose scored 13 points and host BFA-St. Albans rallied for a win over Burlington after trailing 26-20 at halftime.
Jillian Berno contributed 11 points for BFA (8-5), which pulled even in the third quarter.
Ilona Maher (16 points) and Georgia Black (12) were the leading scorers for Burlington (8-5).
* Rice 64, St. Johnsbury 43
: Hailee Barron racked up 21 points, five assists, four rebounds and four steals to power host Rice past St. Johnsbury.
Cassidy Derda (17 points) and Tomi Akinpetide (14 points, five steals) also reached double figures for the Green Knights (12-1).
Bridgette Rankin led SJA with 13 points, and Johannah Driscoll added 11.
* Champlain Valley 42, Spaulding 34: Kaelyn Kohlasch scored a dozen points and Champlain Valley kept its perfect record intact in topping host Spaulding.
Amanda Beatty chipped in 11 points for 12-0 CVU.
Elizabeth Clark paced Spaulding with 11 points.
* Essex 53, North Country 34: Kara Sheftic tallied 20 points and visiting Essex used a 10-2 third-quarter spurt to get past North Country.
Lauren Miles contributed 14 points for the Hornets (11-2).
Desiree Coffin’s 12 points and Anna Bingham’s 11 led North Country (4-8).
* North Country 2, Stowe 0: Emily Doti played a hand in both goals as visiting North Country skated past Stowe.
Doti assisted on a second-period goal by Jenna Moss, then scored in the third period off an assist from Adrianna Fournier. Mikaella Doran made 16 saves for North Country (13-3-1). Danielle Mayo made 36 stops for Stowe.