Haliana Burhans scored twice to lead Champlain Valley to a 2-0 win over visiting Essex in high school girls soccer on Tuesday afternoon.
Mackenzie Kingston earned an assist on Burhans’ second goal, which was her 18th score this season. Maddie Turnau had four saves in net for CVU (13-0).
Essie Fiore made 14 stops in net for Essex (8-4-1).
* Mount Mansfield 2, South Burlington 1 (2OT): Caroline Quintal freed Alanna Scott to score the game-winning goal 90 seconds into the second overtime as Mount Mansfield clipped South Burlington.
Maddie Light broke scoreless deadlock with a penalty kick for the Cougars (7-6) early in the second half. Chelsea Austin equalized for the Rebels (4-9) with 15 minutes left in regulation off an assist from Shannon Flaherty.
Sarah Knakal had eight saves for Mount Mansfield, Morgan Mahar had nine for South Burlington.
* Rice 3, Milton 1: Hailee Barron scored twice and helped Rice earn a shutout win over host Milton.
Alex Pochop added a goal for the Green Knights (9-3-1), who got 11 saves from Macie Sicard in the win.
Cait Dadagian scored for Milton (9-3-1), with Erin Turner earning the assist. Kayleigh Reid had nine stops.
* Burlington 4, Spaulding 0: Burlington scored three goals in a five-minute span as they handed host Spaulding a loss.
Sabrina Farmer scored in the first half, while Katie Costello, Madison Feeney and Kaitlin Donahue all added goals in the second half for Burlington (9-3-1).
Megan LeCours had 20 saves for Spaulding (5-8).
* Colchester 2, North Country 1: Colchester scored twice in the final 22 minutes to defeat host North Country.
After Crystal Moss gave the Falcons (4-9) the lead 8 minutes into the second half, Andrea Trudeau equalized for the Lakers (5-8) midway through the stanza. Freshman Brenna McMannon converted the game-winner on a penalty kick with eight minutes to play.
Colchester’s Haley Jestings had four saves, Jenna Moss had seven for North Country.
* U-32 2, Harwood 1: Cilla Wanzer buried Riley Partin’s cross midway through the second half for the decisive goal in U-32’s victory over Harwood.
Emily George converted a free kick to stake the Raiders (9-3-1) the lead 4 minutes into the contest. Lauren Alexander drew the Highlanders (9-3-1) level with a goal 10 minutes shy of halftime.
Bailey Starr had seven saves for U-32, Lauren Harper made five stops for Harwood.
* Northfield 1, Randolph 0: Lindsay Albee scored in the first half and Northfield held on to earn a win over visiting Randolph.
Lydia Hoffman earned the lone assist on the play and DJ Doney had six saves for Northfield (3-9-1).
Johanna Sargeant made six stops for Randolph (1-12).
* Hartford 1, Green Mountain Valley 0: Megan Potter had 11 saves as she pitched a shutout and helped Hartford grab a win over host Green Mountain Valley.
Colby Frechette scored in the first half, with Karia Medina earning the assist, and Potter made the goal stand for the Hurricanes (2-11).
Eva Shaw made four stops for the Gumbies (2-3-2), who outshot Hartford 13-3.
* Peoples 5, Thetford 1: Katie Stames and Kelli Grimes each had two goals and an assist to fuel Peoples’ win at Thetford in Division III action.
Michelle Yando also scored for the Wolves (13-0), while Carie Wan finished with two saves.
Michaela Pomeroy tallied for the Panthers (11-2) — just the fifth goal against Peoples this season.
* Lake Region 2, Richford 0: Katie Menard and Tyrah Urie tallied for Lake Region in the Rangers’ shutout win against Richford.
Kiana Royer and Tori Adams had assists for Lake Region (11-2). Richford dropped to 6-7.
* Stowe 4, Lyndon 0: Four players scored as Division III’s Stowe blanked visiting Lyndon of Division II.
Bridget Martin, Ali Leach and Darien Boerger found the back of the net in the first half for the Raiders (6-6-1). Rory Hauser scored after the break and Caroline Armbruster stopped four shots.
Lyndon falls to 2-11.
* Danville 1, Hazen 1: Dani Cochran made 17 saves to help Danville earn a draw with host Hazen.
Sam Prescott scored for Danville (4-8-1) in the first half.
Shaley Ferland scored with nine minutes left in the second half to even the score for Hazen (3-7-3) and Kira Hishop had eight stops.
* Essex 9, Colchester 0: Erin Murphy scored two goals in four minutes and Essex ran away with a win over Colchester.
Kathleen Young, Briege Mahoney, Sarah Smith, Abbie Evans, Paige Mittl, Siena Teare and Allie Rutz also scored for the Hornets (9-1-3). Mady Corkum and Maria Grant earned the shutout in goal.
Abby Ladd made 26 saves for Colchester (1-12).
* South Burlington 4, Middlebury 0: Ashley Norris had a goal and an assist to lead South Burlington in a win over host Middlebury.
Casey Johnson, Courtney Barrett and Anna Wulfson also scored for South Burlington (6-5-2). Alex Warshaw had eight saves.
Baily Ryan made eight stops in the loss for Middlebury (2-7-3).
* Mount Mansfield 2, Burlington 1: Mount Mansfield scored in each half to dispatch visiting Burlington.
Hattie Hevrin struck in the first half and Brianna Haskins doubled the lead early in the second half for the Cougars (4-6-1).
Madisen Archibald tallied for the Seahorses (4-6-3) and Hannah Libby recorded seven saves.