Matty Cuce had two goals and an assist to lead Colchester to a big, 5-1 win over South Burlington in high school boys hockey Wednesday.
Ryan Francis and Jared Rylant each had a goal and an assist and Devon Wells and Ben Cross also tallied for the Lakers.
Mike Blauvelt scored in the second period and David Streeter made 25 saves for the Rebels.
* Rutland 2, Essex 1: Max Major’s second goal with 10 seconds left in regulation broke a tie and sent visiting Rutland past Essex.
Major scored off a faceoff for the winner and also had the tying goal in the second period. Brody Almeida scored in first period and Brock Paquette made 30 saves for 2-2 Essex.
* Champlain Valley 5, Rice 0: Ryan Keelan scored twice in the third period to sew up Champlain Valley’s shutout win over host Rice.
Kaleb Godbout, Elliot Mitchell and Will Bernicke scored earlier in the contest and freshman Thomas Samuelsen chipped in with two assists as the Redhawks (5-0) built a three-goal lead through two periods.
Jamie Cruickshank had 40 saves for Rice (2-3) and Greg Talbert had eight saves for CVU.
* Milton 3, Missisquoi 2: Brandon Cardinal set up Hunter Goodwin for the game-winner with five minutes to go as host Milton clipped Missisquoi.
Zach Rabtoy and Cody Boyson also scored for the Yellowjackets (4-2). Goalkeeper Brandon Rhoades stopped 26 shots.
The Thunderbirds (1-3) equalized in the third period through goals from Timmy Fournier and Skyler Blaney. Ian Walsh had 16 saves.
* BFA-St. Albans 3, Middlebury 1: A three-goal second period provided the firepower for BFA-St. Albans in the Bobwhites’ win over host Middlebury.
Nick Berno, Matt Needleman and Cam Russell each scored for BFA (2-2). Nate Muller and Sean Hengemuhle combined for 23 saves in the victory.
Devin Dwire tallied for the Tigers (2-2).
* Mount Mansfield 8, Burlington 3: Ben Hoar’s hat trick paced six scorers for Mount Mansfield as it skated past Burlington.
Adam Oler (three assists), David Rosales (two assists), Travis Benson, Ryan Heath and Brady Blow also found the back of the net for the Cougars, who improved to 4-1 with the win. Joe Airoldi and Kurt Remlin combined for 18 saves.
Jack Linehan, Grant Headrick and Jack Breen scored for the Seahorses (0-2), while Paul Truman stopped 32 shots.
* Northfield 7, Harwood 1: Five first-period goals paved the way to Northfield’s win over Harwood.
Peter Evans, Jackson Tucker, Casey Baroffio, Jordan Lumsden and Luke Gadbois each tallied in the opening frame. Connor Barrett and Evans padded the lead later in the contest. Riley Corey finished with 12 saves for Northfield.
Ty Delphia knocked in Harwood’s lone goal.
* Spaulding 3, North Country 3: Rallying from a 3-1 deficit, visiting North Country tied Spaulding.
Ross DeLaBruere had two goals and an assist and Tucker Corrow also tallied for North Country. Chandler Cressey scored his first career goal, Jee Roy had a goal and an assist and Ryan Allen also tallied for the Crimson Tide.
Dana Marsh made 30 saves for the Falcons and Spaulding’s goaltender Ben Ferland stopped 28 shots.
* Stowe 3, U-32 1: Chad Haggerty pumped in a hat trick as Stowe topped U-32.
Colby Brochu got U-32 (2-4) on the board in the third period. Wyatt Galfetti made 18 saves in the win for Stowe.
* St. Johnsbury 13, Peoples 0: Renat Nigmatullin had four goals and two assists and Brandon Wells tallied three goals and three assists as St. Johnsbury won in a rout of Peoples.
Anton Gulko had two goals and seven assists for the Hilltoppers (3-1).
* Hartford 2, Woodstock 2: John Porchert’s second goal with seven minutes left in the third period gave host Hartford a tie with Woodstock.
Conor Joyce and Ben Orr scored for Woodstock (2-2-1). Hartford improves to 1-2-1.
* Brattleboro 3, Burr and Burton 1: Declan Lonergan scored twice, including a shorthanded strike, and Evan Perkins added an empty netter to power Brattleboro’s win over Burr and Burton.
* Colchester 5, Champlain Valley-South Burlington 1: Taylor Dion notched three goals and an assist and Kellie Lockerby added two goals and three helpers to fuel Colchester’s win over Champlain Valley-South Burlington.
Erica Hoffman stopped 32 shots to backstop the Lakers’ (3-2) victory.
Courtney Barrett struck for the Rebel Hawks (3-2) and Courtney Peyko had 29 saves.
* Essex 1, Harwood 0: Melanie Theriault scored in the second period to lift Essex to a win over Harwood.
Justine Martin added an assist and Vika Simons made 10 saves for the Hornets.
Siena Damon made 25 saves for the Highlanders.
* Spaulding 2, Northfield 1: Morgan Gosselin’s 28 saves helped visiting Spaulding edge Northfield.
Julia Ormsby and Jessie Scott had the goals for Spaulding (2-2). Courtney Amell had a third-period goal and Markie Delude made 14 saves for Northfield (5-1).
* Stowe 5, U-32 0: Kayla Carr, Izabelle Weiss, Rikki Haab, Katie Stames and Alexis Turner had the goals in Stowe’s win over U-32.
* Middlebury 5, Hartford 0: Sara Boe had two goals and an assist and Molly Wetmore also scored twice in host Middlebury’s win over Hartford.
Timi Carone also scored and Angela Carone handed two assists for the 5-0 Tigers.
* Burr and Burton 8, Woodstock 3: Jordan Harmon’s pair of goals paced Burr and Burton (4-1) as six others tallied in a high-scoring win over Woodstock.
* Williamstown 85, Hazen 29: Kimmy Gilbert (21 points, 11 rebounds) Dani Jesmonth (15 points) and Shayna Guild (10 points) each hit double figures as Williamstown overpowered Hazen.
68, Stowe 28: Allie O’Brien put in 13 points and Cabby Coon added 11 in visiting Richford’s win over Stowe.
Johanna Sherrer and Alex Benoit also reached double figures for Richford with 10 points each.
* St. Johnsbury 69, Essex 54: Tristan Ross had 20 points and two other St. Johnsbury players hit double figures as the Hilltoppers beat Essex in their opening game of the season.
Vlad Cobzaru (18 points) and Brendan O’Shea (16 points) helped St. Johnsbury (1-0).
Eniz Candzic had 28 points to lead Essex (2-1).