Luke Salerno scored five of his 13 points in overtime as Essex outlasted Colchester, 64-53, in a high school boys basketball game Thursday night.
Willie McSoley (11 points), Tommy Carton (11) and Joey Picard (10) also reached double figures for Essex (12-8).
Ricky Giroux poured in 27 points for Colchester (4-16), including a 3-pointer with 35 seconds left in regulation to force overtime. D.J. Tuttle added 15 points for the Lakers.
* Mount Mansfield 60, South Burlington 36: Nick Bergeron tossed in 20 points to lead visiting Mount Mansfield past South Burlington.
Alec Carew dropped in 13 points for MMU (14-6).
Connor Burke netted nine points for South Burlington (2-18).
* Rice 53, Spaulding 46: Casey Tipson racked up 25 points for a Rice team that overcame poor foul shooting to dispatch visiting Spaulding.
Marcus Willingham contributed nine points and 11 rebounds for Rice (16-3), which converted 9 of 21 free throws and 3 of 14 in the fourth quarter. The Green Knights play at Rutland on Saturday, the winner claiming the No. 2 seed for the Division I playoffs.
Evan Grubb had 15 points and Marcus Thornton 10 points for Spaulding (13-7).
* Champlain Valley 61, North Country 46: Brad Bissonette paved the way with 25 points as Champlain Valley rolled past North Country.
Lucas Aube put home 17 points for visiting CVU (9-11).
* St. Johnsbury 55, Burlington 39: Sophomore Tristan Ross produced 19 points as St. Johnsbury capped a perfect regular season with a win at Burlington.
Vlad Cobzaru netted 11 points for the Hilltoppers (20-0).
Marley Heimert paced Burlington (9-11) with 10 points.
* Winooski 42, Richford 33: Brianna Robare dialed up 21 points as Winooski went on a 15-5 run in the third quarter to break free from visiting Richford.
Fallon Perrault chipped in 10 points for Winooski (12-6).
Melissa Hango, Elle Purrier and Gabby Coons netted eight points apiece for Richford.
Middlebury 37: Mount Mansfield 25: Tiffany Danyow tallied a trio of 3-pointers and finished with 16 points while Hannah Hobbs scored 12 to guide Middlebury past visiting Mount Mansfield.
Danielle Bushey scored seven points and Lily Devereux had six points for MMU.
* Harwood 49, Randolph 28: Michael O’Brien tallied 15 points and 11 rebounds, and Harwood went on a 21-7 run in the fourth quarter to surge past Randolph.
Sabrina Burbank added eight points for the Highlanders (8-10).
Mariah Rilling scored nine points to top Randolph.
* Oxbow 50, Montpelier 47: Mikayla Hodge led a trio of players in double figures with 11 points for Oxbow slipped past visiting Montpelier.
Sabrina French and Cassie Hutchinson added 10 points apiece for the Olympians (6-12).
Kim Surwilo led Montpelier with 15 points and Annie Jones tossed in 11 points.
* Peoples 49, Stowe 41: Michelle Yandow tallied 15 points as * visiting Peoples defeated Stowe.
Hallie Williams helped out with 11 points as Peoples set the tone with a 14-3 run in the opening quarter.
Ashley Raymond scored 16 points and Randi Garon chipped in with 13 points for Stowe (0-17).
* BFA-Fairfax 40, Lake Region 29: Freshman guard Mikayla Sullivan scored 11 points to pace BFA-Fairfax over visiting Lake Region.
Brook Naylor added 10 points and 13 rebounds for BFA (17-2).
Emily Lawson tossed in nine points to lead Lake Region (15-3).
* Missisquoi 34, Vergennes 30: Laura Flint hit 5 of 6 free throws to help Missisquoi seal a win over Vergennes.