Sarah Fisher’s third-period goal helped Mount Mansfield-South Burlington earn a 1-1 tie with BFA-St. Albans in a high school girls hockey game Saturday.
Julia Hudson and Molly Burke earned assists on Fisher’s goal, which came at 11:27 of the third.
In the second period, Aliza Ellis, with Taylor Jackson assisting, put BFA ahead.
Marina Nadeau six saves, Shanley Howrigan (11 saves) and Marina Nadeau (six) were in net for the Comets (5-2-2). Courtney Peyko turned way 31 shots for MMU-SB ( 5-3-1).
* Essex 4, Colchester 1: Kayleigh Daniels popped in two first-period goals and Essex skated past visiting Colchester.
Alex Celia and Taylor Hallowell (assist) tallied power-play chances while Vika Simons made nine saves for the Hornets (5-4-1), who led 4-0 after two periods.
Grace Hickey scored unassisted in the third period for the Lakers (5-3). Erica Hoffman stopped 22 shots.
* Rice 9, Woodstock 1: Haley Boucher supplied thee goals, Caroline Provost, Dempsey Cronan and Haleigh Byrnes each scored twice, and Rice cruised to a home win over Woodstock.
Addie Stillman didn’t record a save for Rice while Woodstock’s Erin Tortolano had 41 stops.
* Missisquoi 2, Stowe 0: Missisquoi scored twice in less than a minute in the first period to defeat host Stowe.
Michaela Martin had a goal and an assist for Missisquoi (5-3-1) and Katie Campbell added a goal.
Danielle Mayo made 45 saves for Stowe (3-6).
* North Country 2, U-32 0: Corrino Cota had two assists to help North Country to a win over U-32.
Emily Doty and Taylor Morley each scored a goal for North Country (6-2-1).
Scheyenne Smith had 24 saves for U-32 (2-7).
* Rutland 4, Essex 2: Max Major tallied twice to help Rutland to a win over visiting Essex.
Jordan Godfrey and Cam Kennedy also scored for the Raiders (5-0-2) and Jason Macfarlane made 29 saves.
Pat Abbott and Alex LeClair each had a goal for the Hornets (5-2-1) and Brock Paquette came up with 18 stops.
* South Burlington 5, Colchester 2: Matt Baechle had two goals to help South Burlington to a win over host Colchester.
Brendan Lahue, Tom Royer and Mike Cunavels also scored for South Burlington (7-1).
Noah Beatty had 33 saves for the Rebels.
Ryan Francis had two goals for Colchester (4-2-2). Matt McBride made 21 saves.
* Burlington 1, Lyndon 1, OT: Justin Rinehart made 21 stops for Burlington (0-7-1), including a penalty shot with 20 seconds remaining, to help the Seahorses earn a tie with visiting Lyndon.
Jaydon Caron scored for Lyndon (0-8-1) in the first period, but Burlington’s Will Ackerman answered just minutes later.
Deryck Colborne was strong for the Vikings, making 34 stops.
* Rice 3, Middlebury 1: Alec Morse scored 5:48 into the third period to lift Rice over host Middlebury.
Anthony Phillip also scored for Rice (3-6) and Morse added an empty net goal. Jamie Cruickshank was strong in net, making 23 saves.
Justin Stone scored for Middlebury (3-3-1) and Edgar Sherman made 10 stops.
* Northfield 9, Harwood 5: Jackson Watson scored three times and handed out four assists, Jackson Tucker supplied two goals and five assists, and visiting Harwood topped Harwood.
Kyle Lamorey (two goals, three assists) also contributed to high-scoring Northfield (6-2-1), which got 29 saves from Ben Tucker.
Ty Delphia (two goals, assist), Erik Bertalan (two goals, assist) and Sam Boylan (one goal, assist) led Harwood (3-4-1).
* U-32 5, Hartford 3: Forrest Smith scored two goals, including the go-ahead tally in the second period, and host U-32 topped Hartford.
Jordan Jones (two assists), Cooper Hatch (assist) and Shane O’Neill also tallied for 9-1 U-32. Tyler Law made 15 saves.
Hartford’s John Lewis, Jeremy McGlouin and Jeff Lyford had goals and Teaghan Meeker made 35 saves.
* North Country 6, Missisquoi 3: Cody Halakas scored twice in balanced North Country’s win over visiting Missisquoi.
Logan Fortier (assist), Ross DeLaBruere (assist), Travis Tetreault and Ryan Paul also scored for the 7-1 Falcons.
Missisquo’s Brandon Muller (two assists), Jack Raleigh and Dylan Lafontaine scored.
* Burr and Burton 2, Peoples 1, OT: Lukas Caldwell made 51 saves for Peoples but he could not salvage a win for his team, as host Burr and Burton defeated the Wolves (1-8).
Brock Pollard scored both goals for the Bulldogs (6-3), including the winner in overtime. Zack Stewart made 13 saves.
* Milton 55, BFA-Fairfax 49: Balanced scoring and a big fourth quarter triggered host Milton’s win over BFA-Fairfax.
Travis Girard (16 points), Eric Menard (15) and Derryk O’Grady (11) reached double figures for Milton (3-6), which sank 9 of 13 free throws during a 20-9 fourth-quarter advantage. O’Grady also grabbed eight rebonds and handed out 10 assists.
Doug Legris put in 13 points and Kris Wehner chipped in 10 for Fairfax (7-2).
* Stowe 56, Hazen 51: Petey Walsh’s two free throws with under a second to play sealed Stowe’s home win over Hazen.
Walsh finished with 14 points and 12 rebounds while Joe Murphy also produced a double-double with 12 points and 16 rebounds. Robert Buonanno put in a dozen to round out the high scorers for the Raiders (4-6).
Dimitri Vasiliadis (19 points) and Adam Forant (13) led Hazen (2-6).
* Lake Region 78, Enosburg 60: Drew Gallup led all scorers with 23 points to help Lake Region beat visiting Enosburg.
Clint Provencher (14 points) and Dennis Newland (10 points) also hit double-digits for Lake Region (9-0).
Wyatt Larose had 21 points to lead Ensoburg (3-4), with Derek Blovin adding 14 points.
* U-32 61, Randolph 55: U-32 rebounded from a third-quarter deficit to beat host Randolph in a back-and-forth game.
Chris Collins and Tyler Weaver each had 17 points for U-32 (4-4) and Ryan Booth chipped in with 13 points.
Ross Caswell had 12 points to lead Randolph (6-3), who held a three point lead at the end of the third quarter.
* Danville 70, Northfield 45: Kyle Johnson had 18 points to help Danville to a win over visiting Northfield.
Brett Elliot had 10 points and Teddy Gilman chipped in with nine points for Danville (6-2).
* Mount Abraham 47, Missisquoi 20: A 17-point third quarter helped Mount Abraham pull away from host Missisquoi enroute to a win an Eagles win.
Meghan Livingston led Mount Abraham (8-0) with 12 points. Samantha Driscoll and Ashlie Fay added 10 points.
Chelsea Boudreau and Sadie Reynolds were Missisquoi’s leading scorers with four points each.
Missisquoi celebrated Breast Cancer awareness during the game, with the home team wearing pink and raising money for the American Cancer Society.
* Rutland 39, BFA-St. Albans 32: Rutland pulled away from visiting BFA-St. Albans in the fourth quarter after one point separated the teams through the first three quarters.
Kristen Switzer had 16 points for Rutland (3-7) and Kate Delong added 15 points.
Leilani King lead the Bobwhites with 15 points.
* Thetford 30, Rivendell 24: Rozzy Kidder secured 12 points and 14 rebounds as Thetford used a big third quarter to defeat Rivendell for the second time this season.
Thetford, which led 11-8 at halftime, improved to 8-1.
Stephanie DeSimone paced Rivendell (3-2) with eight points.