Brendan Lahue had two goals and an assist, Ryan Leonard also scored twice and South Burlington skated past Greely, Maine 6-1 in high school boys hockey Saturday.
Mike Blauvelt (assist) and Connor Bradley also scored for the Rebels. Ben Greenstein made 22 saves.
* Champlain Valley 3, Loyola, Canada 0: Cam Rivard had a goal and an assist as host Champlain Valley opened its season with a win.
Alex Bulla and freshman Thomas Samuelsen also scored for the Redhawks, who tallied 21 shots on net.
Greg Talbert worked the 15-save shutout.
* Rice 3, Milton 2: Sean Remillard had two goals and an assist to lead Rice past Milton at Cairns Arena.
Nick Ritchie also scored and Colby Audette earned two assists. Jamie Cruickshank had seven saves and Ridge Langan stopped eight for Rice (2-0).
Hunter Goodwin and Andrew McQuinn had Milton’s goals. Brandon Rhoades stopped 29 shots.
* St. Johnsbury 5, Hartford 2: Renat Nigmatullen pumped in four goals, including an empty-netter, to drive St. Johnsbury past Hartford.
Anton Gueko dished out three assists for the Hilltoppers (1-1) and Cody Smith finished with 16 saves for the win.
John Borchert and Jeremy McGlone scored for the Hurricanes (0-1), who got 22 saves from Richie Morrill.
* Stowe 3, Northfield 2: Chad Haggerty scored all three goals as host Stowe narrowly defeated Northfield.
Haggerty scored the game-winner with 2:33 remaining in the game to lift Stowe to a win. Chris Clinque and Sam Salvas each had a assist for the Raiders. Wyatt Galfetti made 26 stops.
Jackson Tucker had two goals for Northfield, including his 100th career goal. Riley Corey made 12 saves for the Marauders.
* Spaulding 7, U-32 2: Matt Blouin had three goals as Spaudling beat U-32 in the final game of the Spaulding Holiday Tournament.
Garret Kelty (two goals), Denver Heath (goal, assist) and John Hardy (goal) also supplied offense and Ben Ferland made 22 saves.
U-32’s Tyler Elliot and Connor Rice scored. David Woolaver stopped 27 shots.
* Harwood 4, Burr and Burton 3: Ty Delphia scored his second goal on a breakaway in the third period to lift Harwood to a win over Burr and Burton.
Delphia had two goals and two assists while Adam Lamson and Justin Cantwell each added a goal and an assist for the Highlanders (1-0).
Andy Ishu had two goals for Burr and Burton (0-2).
Elliot Emberley made 25 saves to earn the win for Harwoodand Julian Woodrow had 19 stops for the Bulldogs.
* Northeast Clinton, N.Y. 5, Missisquoi 4: Dayton Roberts’ three-point effort helped Northeast Clinton hold off Missisquoi, which hosted the early season tournament.
Jake Hubbard, Mason Lafountain, Timmy Fournier and Morgan Rainville scored for Missisquoi.
* Rutland 4, Middlebury 0: Jordan Godfrey struck for two goals and an assist, Max Major had a goal and two assists and Rutland blanked host Middlebury.
Skylar LaFerriere also scored and Dean Abatiell stopped 16 shots for Rutland (2-0).
Middlebury’s Sawyer Ryan made 17 saves.
* Essex 4, Rutland 1: Kathleen Young had two goals to help Essex earn a win over visiting Rutland.
Nicole Foice had a goal and an assist, Alex Celia scored a goal and Julie Pearce added two assists for the Hornets (2-0).
Kristina Bellomo had a goal and Kelsey Eddy made 32 saves for Rutland (1-1).
Victoria Gibson had 11 stops for Essex.
* BFA-St. Albans 4, Colchester 0: Four players found the back of the net for BFA-St. Albans as the Comets beat host Colchester.
Danielle Schreiner, Aliza Ellis, Jade Remillard and Morgan Lamos scored for BFA-St. Albans, while Marina Nadeau made 14 stops.
Erica Hoffman had 34 saves for Colchester (0-2).
* Middlebury 6, Missisquoi 0: Angela Carone registered a hat trick in Middlebury’s big win over Missisquoi.
Julia Carone, Sarah Kelly, Harper Smith also scored and Rowan Hendy worked an eight-save shutout for Middlebury (2-0).
* Northfield 7, Stowe 3: Kristin Dukette had three goals and an assist and Northfield beat Stowe in the championship of the Butsch tournament.
DJ Doney, Courtney Amell, Libby Stuart and Lindsey Bergeron each had a goal for Northfield (3-0). Markie Delude had five saves.
Ricki Haab had a hat trick for Stowe (1-2) while Danielle Mayo made 43 saves.
2, U-32 2: Natalie Lavigne scored late in regulation to help host U-32 tie Harwood in the consolation of the Butsch tournament.
Emily George also tallied and Cheyenne Smith turned away 36 shots for U-32. Harwood’s Katie Martin and Kaylee Ferris provided goals. Allison Yandow stopped nine shots.
* Hartford 3, Mount Mansfield 2 (OT): Courtney Murray scored her second goal of the game in overtime to help Hartford to a win over Mount Mansfield.
Morgan Morrill also scored for the Hurricanes (2-0) and Eric Hudson had 34 saves.
Audrey Scott and Alana Scott each had a goal for Mount Mansfield (0-2), while Fiona Dulude made 23 stops.