Noah Lipman allowed just one hit in seven innings of work as Burlington topped Spaulding, 3-0, in a high school baseball game Thursday at Orrie Jay Field.
Lipman struck out three on the mound and then hit a solo home run at the plate to lead Burlington (4-7). Jacob Parent had two hits.
Juner Kennison took the loss for Spaulding (2-9).
* Colchester 3, Rice 2: Cassidy Moore’s second double drove in the go-ahead run as Colchester scored twice in the seventh inning to rally past host Rice.
Moore finished 2-for-4 while Sean Callahan went the distance, allowing five hits and striking out five for the 9-2 Lakers. Keegan Mitchell, Brandon Arel and Callahan each had two hits.
Charlie Boardman, who took the complete-game loss, went 2-for-3 with two RBIs for Rice (7-5).
* Champlain Valley 5, Vergennes 3: Key hits by Davis Mikell and Rayne Supple propelled Champlain Valley to a win over visiting Vergennes.
Supple went four innings, giving up two hits, to earn the win for CVU (8-2). Supple also went 4-for-4 with two singles, two triples and an RBI. Kyle Stanley earned the save.
Michael Danyow went six innings, allowing three earned runs on 11 hits, for Vergennes (5-6). Wade Steele went 2-for 3 with a triple and a single.
* BFA-St. Albans 8, South Burlington 0: Ryan Connor fanned eight in a three-hitter and visiting BFA-St. Albans ended South Burlington’s seven-game winning streak.
Connor also had an RBI triple and Jordan Stone went 3-for-4 in BFA’s 10-hit attack.
Matt Baechle took the loss for SBHS (9-2).
* Mount Abraham 5, North Country 2: Joe Lamarche blasted a two-run homer in the second inning while Dylan Roscoe’s squeeze bunt in the sixth sealed Mount Abraham’s win over visiting North Country.
Josh Cyr gave up only two hits in a complete-game win for MAU (5-6).
* Mount Mansfield 9, St. Johnsbury 3: Greg Gosselin went 3-for-4, knocking in a run and scoring twice, as Mount Mansfield downed host St. Johnsbury.
Josh Fitzgerald went 2-for-3 with a double and Gosselin earned the win for Mount Mansfield (6-5).
Zach Hale had two RBIs for St. Johnsbury (7-5), while Jarrett Bridges took the loss.
* Essex 10, Middlebury 1: Steve Jurkiewicz went six innings, giving up five hits and striking out six, to lead Essex in a win over host Middlebury.
Jurkiewicz hit two singles and Justin Ward had a double and single for Essex (10-1).
Josiah Benoit took the loss for Middlebury (3-9).
* BFA-Fairfax 17, Winooski 1: Asa Hoover had four hits as BFA-Fairfax scored 17 runs on 16 hits in a win over host Winooski.
Kyle Combs and Alex Chapman each had three hits and Zac Roy earned the win, giving up six hits for BFA-Fairfax (11-0).
Cory Hemingway took the loss for Winooski (4-7), but led at the plate with three hits.
* Lyndon 15, Montpelier 3: Kevin Deluca allowed one hit in five innings on the mound and had two singles as Lyndon beat host Montpelier.
Matt Valenton hit a triple, while James Shufelt, Ben Brooks and Joe Brook each had two base knocks for Lyndon (8-4).
Cody Therrien took the loss for Montpelier (0-10).
* Missisquoi 10, Milton 4: Elijah Eaton went 4-for-4 with a double and winning pitcher Caleb Lothian pitched five innings in visiting Missisquoi’s triumph over Milton.
Jesse Agan singled twice and Tyler Lamphere was the losing pitcher for Milton.
Missisquoi used a four-run fifth inning to take command.
* Essex 11, Middlebury 2: Hillary Danis slugged a home run and Elise Contois pounded out a triple and two singles in Essex’s win at Middlebury.
Olivia Mueller struck out five and allowed six hits, helping herself with two singles at the plate. Taylor Picard and Jessica Barnett each added two singles and Lauren Gilbert tripled for the Hornets (11-0).
Erin Connor paced Middlebury with two singles, Hanah Lawrence doubled, and Justin Baker was the losing pitcher.
* Colchester 10, Rice 1: Emi Eakin struck out 11 in a four-hitter, and also smacked an RBI double in Colchester’s four-run third inning that fueled a win at Rice.
Kendell Grammo rapped out three hits while Rachel Cleary and Eakin finished with two hits apiece for Colchester (8-2).
Rachel Chicoine blasted a home run and Nikki Talcott collected three hits for Rice (1-9). Bailey McCarthy took the loss.
* BFA-St. Albans 20, South Burlington 2 (6): BFA-St. Albans took advantage of 13 walks and scored eight runs in the sixth inning to pull away from South Burlington.
Sam Dussault singled and doubled and Amanda Beauregard doubled for BFA. Maria Machia was the winning pitcher with six strikeouts.
Maddie Baldwin picked up two hits for SBHS and Breanna Deavitt took the loss.
* Spaulding 5, Burlington 3: Stef Bullock went 3-for-4 and slugged a home run as visiting Spaulding tripped up Burlington.
Brook Benoit was the winning pitcher, giving up eight hits and striking out two.
Nikki Raub went 2-for-3 and scored two runs for BHS. Ilona Maher suffered the defeat.
* BFA-Fairfax 30, Winooski 1 (5): Amanda Perry worked five innings of three-hit ball with seven strikeouts and BFA-Fairfax had seven extra-base hits in a win at Winooski.
Kayla Nester collected two triples for BFA (12-0).
Ashley Antoniak had multiple hits for Winooski (0-12).
* Missisquoi 16, Milton 0: Dakota Raleigh had eight strikeouts and allowed one hit and Missisquoi beat host Milton.
Summer Libby went 2-for-2 and Megan Rowel had a single and a double for Missisquoi (9-2).
Logan Sweeney took the loss for Milton (4-6).
* Richford 8, Enosburg 7: Trailing by four runs in the bottom of the seventh, Richford exploded for five runs to earn a one-run win over visiting Enosburg.
Cassie Sheltra hit a pinch-hit double in the seventh, and Sarah Doe and Jessie Clowes each followed in up with singles in the five-run inning for Richford (6-3).
Whitney Lavallee had a triple and a home run to lead the Enosburg (6-5) offense, while Emilee Bose took the loss.
* Mount Abraham 27, North Country 4 (5): Haley Davis went the distance on the mound and Mount Abraham scored 10 runs in the first inning to spark a victory over visiting North Country.
Dani Forand’s two hits included a double, pacing MAU (4-7).
Maddie Mosher (2-for-3) drove in two runs and scored another for NCU (2-8). Taylor Blake was the losing pitcher.
* Whitcomb 11, Lake Region 5: Nicole Begin had a home run and a double to help Whitcomb to the win over host Lake Region.
Reba Hart had four strikeouts in seven innings of work to earn the win for Whitcomb (10-1).
Hannah Leroux struck out seven, but took the loss for Lake Region (5-5).
* Spaulding 10, Stowe 9, OT: Meaghan McGrath, Caitlyn Wilkin and Chantel Wilkin each had two goals as Spaulding downed host Stowe.
Ashley Pelkey, Anna Paterson and Nichole Weeks also scored for the Crimson Tide (2-7). Jordyn MacAuley made 12 stops for the win.
Kelsey Chenoweth scored five goals, including her 100th career goal, to lead Stowe (3-5). Brooke Wells made 13 saves.
* Harwood 13, St. Johnsbury 6: Kayla Yandall beat the goalie five times to lead Harwood’s offense in a win over host St. Johnsbury.
Yandall added an assist, while Michaela O’Brien had four goals and an assist for the Highlanders (3-4). Kayla O’Toole added a hat trick and Chayenne Martin-Evans made 11 saves.
Riley Barker, Haolly Downing and Kaylee Sandvil each had two goals for St. Johnsbury (3-9). Taylor Willey made eight stops.