After trailing 34-29 at halftime, Mount Mansfield controlled play in the second half to earn a comeback win and down host Essex 63-58 in high school boys basketball on Monday night.
Nick Bergeron led Mount Mansfield with 19 points, going 15-for-16 from the foul line. Tinga Adiang had 15 points and Alec Carew added 11 for the Cougars (8-3).
Tommy Carton had 14 points for Essex (7-4) and Joey Picard and Willy McSoley each chipped in 10 points.
* Rice 75, North Country 38: Sophomore James Wells recorded a triple-double and host Rice raced past North Country.
Wells finished with 15 points, 10 rebounds and 10 blocks for the 10-1 Green Knights, who led 35-19 at the break. Tommy Fitzgerald and Noah Keogh added nine points apiece.
Matthew Duncan led North Country (1-11) with a dozen points.
* Champlain Valley 69, South Burlington 51: Champlain Valley jumped out to a 21-10 lead after the first quarter and did not look back as it downed host South Burlington.
Brad Bissonette paced the Redhawks (8-5) with 17 points and Austin Busch added 12 point.
Connor Burke had 20 points for South Burlington (1-12).
* St. Johnsbury 85, Colchester 45: St. Johnsbury used a strong second half to pull away from visiting Colchester and stay unbeaten.
Tristen Ross led St. Johnsbury (13-0) with 26 points, Drew Hovey had 17 points and Patrick Lovett added 10.
Ricky Giroux had 19 points for Colchester (2-10). Matt Bellows added 13 points.
* Spaulding 60, Burlington 47: Brooks Mayo produced a career game — with 17 points on 11 of 12 from the foul line along with 10 rebounds — and host Spaulding pulled away in the second half from Burlington.
Marcus Thornton also had a double-double (18 points, 11 rebounds) and Evan Grubb tossed in 13 points for 8-5 Spaulding.
Bryan Vachereau splashed in five 3s and finished with 18 points for BHS (4-8).
* Twinfield 88, South Royalton 54: David Codling racked up 20 points, one of four players in double figures in host Twinfield’s win over South Royalton.
South Royalton’s Keanan Thompson had 14 points.
* Cabot 60, United Christian 52: Zach Ducharme recorded 19 points, Canden Celley added 15 points and Cabot outlasted visiting United Christian.
* Northfield 47, Stowe 27: Mehgan McMullen tallied 15 points and host Northfield used a 15-2 third-quarter run to pull away from Stowe.
* Winooski 54, Hazen 42: Fallon Perrault scored 28 points to lead Winooski to a win over visiting Hazen.
Ashley Antoniak added 10 points for Winooski (9-3), who pulled away from Hazen in the second half to secure the win.
Ashley Whitney had 14 points and Renae Hall chipped in 13 for Hazen (7-3).
* Thetford 49, Lyndon 35: Shyann Josler and Michaela Pomeroy each netted 14 points as visiting Thetford upended Lyndon.
Rozzy Kidder added 11 points for 10-2 Thetford.
Kayla Jardine (16 points) and Rylie Nichols (10) led Lyndon (0-10).
* Lake Region 48, BFA-Fairfax 43: Tyrah Urie’s 16 points helped host Lake Region deal BFA-Fairfax its first loss of the season.
Drew Neal added 10 points for Lake Region (9-2).
Kayla Baczewski put in 21 points to lead BFA-Fairfax (11-1).
* U-32 35, Oxbow 26: Kristin Keene had eight points to lead U-32 to its 12th win in a row.
Mikayla Hodge led Oxbow (3-8) with eight points and 12 rebounds.
* Lamoille 52, Harwood 46: Lamoille jumped out a 14-8 first quarter lead and held on to the advantage to squeak out a win over visiting Harwood.
Kylie Arthur and Jamie Lafountain scored 10 points apiece for Lamoille (7-5).
Michaela O’Brien led Harwood with 14 points.
* Enosburg 37, Richford 33: Kathryn Wright (10 points) and McKenzie Gleason (nine) paced Enosburg’s win at Richford.
Johanna Sherrer’s 10 points and Gabby Coon’s nine led Richford.