* By the numbers: Jordan, a 6-3 senior wing, scored 25 points in a 70-60 win over Vicksburg and 28 in a 71-57 victory over Clinton.
* Coach speak: “He does all the things our team needs including being a good teammate,” said Robert Green.
* The 411: Jordan is averaging 20 points, 5 rebounds and 2.9 steals.
* Born: Sept. 7, 1994 in Jackson
* Favorite athlete: Michael Jordan, but not because they share a last name. “I just like the way he played.”
* Toughest opponent: Rodney Hood (Duke, formerly Meridian)
* Pet: Jordan has a female pit bull, Taylee
* The future: He is undecided about a college, but hopes to study physical therapy.
* By the numbers: Dedeaux, a 5-7, 190-pound senior running back and linebacker, led the Maroon Tide to a 42-35 win over Oxford for the 5A championship with 31 carries for 192 yards and three TDs.
* Coach speak: “He might be the best player I have ever coached,” said Dodd Lee.
* The 411: Dedeaux finished with 282 carries for 2,043 yards and scored 30 TDs.
* Born: Nov. 17, 1995 in Picayune
* Favorite athlete: Trent Richardson
* Restaurant: McDonald’s
* The future: Dedeaux is undecided about college but hopes to be a veterinarian or an engineer.
* Offensive minded: He prefers playing running back to linebacker. “I love running the ball.”
* By the numbers: Lofton, a 5-7 forward/guard, led the Lady Mustangs to wins over Lanier 66-53 with 23 points and Provine 63-46 with 26 points.
* Coach speak: “She’s a tough competitor who hates to lose,” said Dakedreon Lampkin.
* The 411: Lofton is averaging 22.5 points, 3.8 rebounds, 3.8 steals and 2.7 assists.
* Born: Nov. 24, 1997 in Jackson
* Favorite athlete: Kobe Bryant
* Toughest opponent: A’Queen Hayes (Southaven)
* Track standout: Lofton won the 6A shotput and discus at the state meet last spring.
* The future: Lofton plans to be pre-law at Tennessee State.
* By the numbers: Trussell, a 5-7 sophomore guard/forward, totaled 66 points and 34 rebounds in wins over West Lauderdale, Newton County and Choctaw Central.
* Coach speak: “Timara is an outstanding athlete with a great attitude who gives 100 percent every game,” said Joe Miller.
* The 411: Trussell is averaging 17.3 points and 10.5 rebounds.
* Born: April 1, 1998 in Meridian
* Favorite athlete: LeBron James
* Toughest opponent: Victoria Vivians (Scott Central)
* Ten years from now: Trussell hopes to be a physical therapist.
* Good genes: She is the sister of former SE Lauderdale standout Lucy Ruffin. “It runs in the family,” Trussell said.