* By the numbers: West, a 5-7, 150-pound running back, carried 40 times for 204 yards and 3 TDs in a 35-7 win over Pelahatchie in the opening round of the 1A playoffs.
* Coach speak: “He’s a hard worker who gives 100 percent on every down and each and every play,” said Michael Fields.
* The 411: West has carried 187 times for 1,051 yards and 13 TDs and has 18 receptions for 294 yards and one touchdown.
* Born: Sept. 5, 1995 in Jackson
* Favorite athlete: Ray Rice
* Movie: The Hangover Part III
* Dream vacation destination: Hawaii
* Heavey workload: The 40 carries against Pelahatchie was the most ever for West. “Coach told me he was going to put the game in my hands.”
* By the numbers: Moore, a 5-10, 190-pound senior quarterback and defensive back, carried 10 times for 210 yards and three TDs in a 40-0 win over Nanih Waiya in the 1A payoffs.
* Coach speak: “He’s an outstanding athlete, but more than that, he’s an outstanding leader,” said Marlon Brannan.
* The 411: Stringer has carried 194 times for 2,155 yards and 26 TDs and has thrown for 535 yards and seven TDs for the defending 1A champion Red Devils.
* Born: Sept. 27, 1995 in Laurel
* Toughest opponent: Jatarrian Clark (Lumberton)
* Food: Macaroni & cheese
* Dream vacation destination: Paris
* Person he would most like to meet: Colin Kaepernick
* Ten years from now: Moore hopes to be a football coach.
* By the numbers: Thompson, a senior forward, totaled seven goals and three assists in wins over Warren Central, Greene County and Harrison Central
* Coach speak: “As one of our seniors and our captain, she has shown exteme leadership and selfless play,” said Montgomery Hinton.
* The 411: Thompson has nine goals and four assists for the 6-0 Lady Cougars.
* Born: June 30, 1996 in Canton
* Toughest opponent: Asia Cooper (formerly of Murrah) in track.
* Dream vacation destination: Japan
* Speedy: Thompson is also a track star who finished third in the 100 and fourth in the 200 at the 6A state meet last spring.
* College: Thompson will play soccer, run track and major in broadcast journalism at Jacksonville State.
* By the numbers: Holmes, a 5-6 junior point guard, had 35 points, 6 assists and 4 steals in a 55-49 win over Pascagoula.
* Coach speak: “She knows what she has to do and she can score at any time,” said Nancy Ladner.
* The 411: Holmes was selected for Dandy Dozen after leading Harrison Central to the 6A semifinals last season, averaging 17 points and 4 steals.
* Born: Jan. 30, 1997 in Starkville
* Favorite athlete: Candace Parker
* Toughest opponent: Christa Reed (Bay)
* Dream vacation destination: Bahamas
* Pets: She has three dogs, Nila, Blue and Max.
* Track star: In the spring, Holmes competes in the 400, long jump and relays