Oak Grove at Hattiesburg
* Where: D.I. Patrick Stadium, Hattiesburg
* On the Air: Oak Grove – WFMM-FM (97.3), sportsjuice.com; Hattiesburg – WMXI-FM (98.1)
* Records: Oak Grove – 3-0, ranked No. 4 Overall and No. 4 in Class 6A; Hattiesburg – 0-3
* Last Week: Oak Grove – Defeated Biloxi 49-14; Hattiesburg – Lost to Wayne County 50-14
* Last Meeting: Tigers 21, Warriors 14 (2012)
* Worth Noting: Oak Grove leads the series 7-5, but the Tigers have won three of the last four meetings, including the past two seasons, knocking the Warriors out of the playoffs both years.
FCAHS at Purvis
* Where: Cowart Stadium, Purvis
* On the Air: sanmansports. com
* Records: Forrest County AHS – 2-1, ranked No. 1 in 4A; Purvis – 3-0
* Last Week: FCAHS – Defeated Magee 34-20; Purvis – Did not play
* Last Meeting: Aggies 21, Tornadoes 20 (2012)
* Worth Noting: Forrest County has not lost to Purvis since 1999. Last season, the Tornadoes were stopped on a 2-point conversion attempt with seven seconds to play.
Laurel at Mendenhall
* Where: Mendenhall stadium
* Records: Laurel – 3-0; Mendenhall – 0-4
* Last Week: Laurel – Did not play; Mendenhall – Lost to Pearl 41-17
* Last Meeting: Golden Tornadoes 27, Tigers 22 (2010)
* Worth Noting: Junior wide receiver Omar Bayless has caught 13 passes for 349 yards and 2 TDs, and has also thrown an 82-yard TD pass on a flea flicker play.
Harrison C. at West Jones
* Where: Mustang Stadium, Laurel
* Records: Harrison Central – 3-0; West Jones – 1-1.
* Last Week: Harrison Central – Defeated Greene County 28-21; West Jones – Did not play
* Last Meeting: Red Rebels and Mustangs have not played in recent years.
Columbia at Magee
* Where: Trojan Field, Magee
* On the Air: WJDR-FM (98.3)
* Records: Columbia – 1-2; Magee – 3-1
* Last Week: Columbia – Defeated West Marion 49-14; Magee – Lost to Forrest County AHS 34-20
* Last Meeting: Wildcats 32, Trojans 31 (2012 playoffs)
* Worth Noting: Columbia won last year’s first-round playoff game in overtime on a fourth-down TD pass, followed by a two-point conversion run by Ti’Quan Forbes.
Sumrall at St. Stanislaus
* Where: Brother Philip Stadium, Bay St. Louis
* On the Air: ihighsports/sumrall
* Records: Sumrall – 2-2; St. Stanislaus – 4-0, ranked No. 4 in 4A
* Last Week: Sumrall – Lost to Hancock 56-6; St. Stanislaus – Defeated St. Martin 49-45
* Last Meeting: The Bobcats and Rockachaws have never met.
* Worth Noting: St. Stanislaus is one of the state’s biggest surprises of the season thus far, jumping out to a 4-0 start after finishing 0-9 last season.
SE Lauderdale at NE Jones
* Where: Tiger Stadium, Laurel
* Records: Southeast Lauderdale – 2-2; Northeast Jones – 1-3.
* Last Week: SE Lauderdale – Defeated Clarkdale 49-6; NE Jones – Defeated South Jones 30-12
* Last Meeting: SEL Tigers 33, NEJ Tigers 14 (2010)
* Worth Noting: Junior linebacker Reggio Dean had 13 tackles, forced two fumbles – returning one 71 yards for a TD – and had two INTs last week against South Jones.
Pass Christian at W. Marion
* Where: Trojan Field, Foxworth
* Records: Pass Christian – 1-3; West Marion – 2-2
* Last Week: Pass Christian – Lost to West Harrison 28-14; West Marion – Lost to Columbia 49-14.
* Last Meeting: Trojans 40, Pirates 6 (2012)
* Worth Noting: Sophomore wide receiver Money Gaddis caught eight passes for 131 yards and a TD for West Marion last week against Columbia.
Hazlehurst at Bassfield
* Where: Howard Willoughby Field, Bassfield
* Records: Hazlehurst – 4-0, ranked No. 1 in 3A; Bassfield – 4-0, ranked No. 7 Overall and No. 1 in 2A.
* Last Week: Hazlehurst – Defeated East Marion 14-0; Bassfield – Defeated Collins 28-12
* Last Meeting: Indians and Yellowjackets have not met in recent years
* Worth Noting: This is a rare regular-season clash between two defending state champions, Hazlehurst in 3A and Bassfield in 2A. Both teams also bring 20-game winning streaks into the contest.
Perry C. at North Forrest
* Where: Keene Stadium, Eatonville
* Records: Perry Central – 3-1; North Forrest – 1-3
* Last Week: Perry Central – Defeated East Central 32-21; North Forrest – Lost to Wingfield 52-13
* Last Meeting: Bulldogs 49, Eagles 7 (2006)
Seminary at Mize
* Where: Mize field
* Records: Seminary – 3-1; Mize – 3-1
* Last Week: Seminary – Defeated Wesson 39-19; Mize – Defeated Puckett 38-35
* Last Meeting: Mize Bulldogs 28, Seminary Bulldogs 14 (2010)
* Worth Noting: Seminary is averaging 44.7 points in its past three games, after being shut out by Bassfield in its season opener.
Collins at Lawrence Co.
* Where: Cougar Field, Monticello
* Records: Collins – 2-2; Lawrence County – 3-1
* Last Week: Collins – Lost to Bassfield 28-12; Lawrence County – Defeated Prentiss 34-0
* Last Meeting: Tigers and Cougars have not met in recent years.
* Worth Noting: Collins put up 237 yards of offense in the first half last week against Bassfield.
Prentiss at East Marion
* Where: Leslie Peters Field, Columbia
* On the Air: WFFF-FM (96.7), wfffradio.com
* Records: Prentiss – 1-3; East Marion – 3-1
* Last Week: Prentiss – Lost to Lawrence County 34-0; East Marion – Lost to Hazlehurst 14-0
* Last Meeting: Eagles 41, Bulldogs 0 (2012).
* Worth Noting: Junior QB Johnathan Abram led East Marion with 85 yards rushing on 12 runs last week against Hazlehurst.
Richton at Clarkdale
* Where: Clarkdale field
* Records: Richton – 4-0; Clarkdale – 0-4
* Last Week: Richton – Defeated Presbyterian Christian 36-21; Clarkdale – Lost to SE Lauderdale 49-6
* Last Meeting: Rebels 20, Bulldogs 3 (2012)
* Worth Noting: Junior RB Darren Woods ran 21 times for 212 yards, and scored 2 TDs and 3 PAT runs for Richton last week against PCS.
Taylorsville at Quitman
* Where: Panther Stadium, Quitman
* Records: Taylorsville – 3-1, ranked No. 3 in 2A; Quitman – 0-3
* Last Week: Taylorsville – Defeated Raleigh 44-12; Quitman – Did not play
* Last Meeting: Tartars and Panthers have not played in recent years.
Sac. Heart at Bogue Chitto
* Where: Bogue Chitto field
* Records: Sacred Heart – 2-1, 0-1 in 4-1A; Bogue Chitto – 4-0, 2-0 in 4-1A, ranked No. 2 in 1A
* Last Week: Sacred Heart – Lost to Dexter 34-20; Bogue Chitto – Defeated Mount Olive 44-8
* Last Meeting: Crusaders and Bobcats have never met.
Lumberton at Salem
* Where: Salem field
* Records: Lumberton – 1-2, 1-0 in 4-1A, ranked No. 4 in 1A; Salem – 2-2, 1-1 in 4-1A
* Last Week: Lumberton – Defeated Resurrection 40-34; Salem – Lost to Stringer 28-14
* Last Meeting: Panthers and Wildcats have never met.
Simpson at PCS
* Where: PCS field, Hattiesburg
* On the Air: pcsk12.org
* Records: Simpson – 4-0, ranked No. 4 in MAIS; Presbyterian Christian – 2-2
* Last Week: Simpson – Defeated Leake Academy 24-0; PCS – Lost to Richton 36-21
* Last Meeting: Bobcats 28, Cougars 13 (2012).
* Worth Noting: Junior TB Fate Eiland ran 21 times for 144 yards and 2 TDs, and also caught a 38-yard TD pass for PCS last week against Richton.
Oak Forest at Columbia A.
* Where: James E. Pope Field, Columbia
* On the Air: WCJU-AM (1450)
* Records: Oak Forest – 2-2, 0-1 in 2-AAA; Columbia Academy – 3-1, 0-0 in 2-AAA
* Last Week: Oak Forest – Defeated Wilkinson Christian 38-7; Columbia Academy – Defeated Wayne Academy 28-6
* Last Meeting: Yellow Jackets 45, Cougars 6 (2010)
NOTE: All games kick off at 7 p.m. Friday. Rankings are from the Associated Press high school football poll.
Follow Hattiesburg American staff writers each Friday night for game updates on Twitter, and on hattiesburgamerican.com.