* Lexington (10-2) at Byrnes (11-1): Class AAAA Division I second-round game. … The teams last met in the 2010 state semifinals. Byrnes won 31-7 at Nixon Field on its way to winning the state title. … Byrnes has won 28 consecutive playoff games at home dating back to 2002, outscoring opponents by an average of 32 points during that stretch. … Byrnes QB Shuler Bentley threw five TD passes in last week’s win over Wando. He has 63 this season, breaking the state record of 59 he had a year ago.
* Sumter (7-5) at Hillcrest (11-1): Class AAAA Division I second-round game. … It’s the first meeting between the teams. … Hillcrest has won a school-record nine consecutive games. … Hillcrest will be playing a 13th game for the first time, and Nov. 22 will be the latest the Rams have ever played. … Hillcrest QB Collin Sneed has passed for 2,057 yards. LB Landon Sayegh leads the Rams with 10 takeaways (six fumble recoveries and four interceptions). … Sumter QB James Barnes has passed for 1,851 yards and 19 TDs.
* Boiling Springs (8-4) at Summerville (10-2): Class AAAA Division I second-round game. … It’s the first meeting between the teams. … Boiling Springs has won at least nine games just twice since 1965. The Bulldogs won 10 games in 2011. … John McKissick, 87 and in his 62nd season as Summerville’s coach, has 611 career victories, more than any football coach at any level.
* Daniel (12-0) at Greer (10-2): Class AAA third-round game. … It’s the teams’ first meeting in six years. They opened the season against one another in 2006 and 2007, splitting the two games. … Greer QB Mario Cusano has passed for 1,751 yards and 19 TDs. WRs Emanuel Kelly and Dorian Lindsey have 39 receptions apiece. … LB Solomon Brown leads Daniel with 107 total tackles and 15 tackles for loss. DL Tyrell Fleming has team-highs of 20 QB hurries and six sacks.
* Chapman (9-3) at Belton-Honea Path (11-1): Class AAA third-round game. … It’s the first meeting between the teams in 42 years. … Chapman is coming off a 35-7 win over Wren in the second round, limiting a Hurricanes team that had been averaging 41 points. … BHP, which has lost only to undefeated Daniel, is allowing 11.6 points per game. … BHP is 39-9 and has reached the third round twice under fourth-year coach Russell Blackston.
* Newberry (9-3) at Fairfield Central (11-0): Class AA Division I third-round game. … The teams last met in 2009 after having played for 12 consecutive years. Fairfield Central won seven of the 12 games. … Newberry is 4-3 in third-round games. … Newberry RB Omar Sims has rushed for 1,056 yards and 10 TDs. QB Yafari Werts has rushed for 861 yards and nine TDs and passed for 817 yards and six TDs.
* Ninety Six (9-2) at Chesnee (10-1): Class AA Division II third-round game. … The teams last met in the second round of the 2004 playoffs. Ninety Six won 31-28. That was also the last season in which the Wildcats won at least 10 games. … Chesnee has at least 10 wins in back-to-back seasons for the first time since 1995 and 1996. … Chesnee is seeking a second straight berth in the Upper State final.
* Christ Church (12-0) at Lamar (10-2): Class A Division I Upper State final. … It’s the first meeting between the teams. … Christ Church QB Demetrius Anthony has passed for 1,516 yards and rushed for 846. WR Quan White has 35 catches (23 yards per catch), and WR Rudy Johnstone has 34 catches (21.4 yards per catch). … Lamar RB Labradford Abson has rushed for 1,144 yards. QB Quan Brown has passed for 1,392 yards and rushed for 997. … Christ Church has the state’s longest current winning streak at 38 games.