Tyler Smith kicked an 18-yard field goal with 11 seconds left to lift Simon Kenton over host Collins 23-21 Friday night in high school football.
Collins, Class 4-A state runner-up last season, led 21-14 entering the fourth quarter, but Simon Kenton, the first of three Class 6-A teams on Collins’ schedule, rallied in the fourth quarter on a 6-yard TD run by Dillon Powell and Smith’s game-winning field goal.
All three of Collins’ scores came on passes from Lawson Page, who completed 15 of 23 attempts for 176 yards.
Male 62, Floyd Central 16: Davis Mattingly passed for four touchdowns and Ellis Cain ran for three as the visiting Bulldogs romped despite some special teams gaffes. Mattingly’s TD passes were for 21 yards to Avery Haynes, 37 to Keion Wakefield, 62 to Amisuan Calloway and 51 to Ethan Britt. Cain had TD runs of 3 and 63 yards. Gaige Klingsmith provided the Highlanders’ highlights with second-half TDs on an 80-yard pass from Colton Kimm and a 35-yard run.
* Butler 30, Fern Creek 16: Receiver Tayvaughn Morton caught just three passes, but two were for touchdowns to lead the host Bears past the Tigers. Morton caught a 70-yard TD toss from William Johnson in the first quarter and then a 22-yard pass in the fourth quarter. Chris Sharp, who scored the game’s first points on a 13-yard run in the first quarter, led Fern Creek with 104 yards rushing.
* Kentucky Country Day 16, Shawnee 0: The visiting Bearcats forced four turnovers and shut down the Golden Eagles, limiting them to 116 yards and five first downs. Shawnee had 120 yards in penalties. KCD’s touchdowns came on runs by Jordan Duff and Jackson Alford.
* Christian Academy 38, Lexington Christian 13: Nathan Christmas threw for 205 yards and a TD as the Centurions defeated the visiting Eagles. Chad Lewellyn had seven receptions, an interception, and a 55-yard punt return for 200 yards.
* Franklin County 54, North Bullitt 14: Rylan Rowe had interception returns of 34 and 46 yards to lift the Flyers over the visiting Eagles.
* South Oldham 30, East Jessamine 8: Chase Lightfoot rushed for 150 yards, passed for 75 and scored three touchdowns to lead the visiting Dragons past the Jaguars.
* Eastern 44, Jeffersontown 12: Quarterback Jacob Biller, making his first varsity start, accounted for six TDs as the host Eagles decked the Chargers. Biller threw TD passes of 3, 27, 22, and 7 yards, and ran for scores of 33 and 3 yards.