Sacred Heart forced 26 turnovers and held Highlands to 30 percent shooting in the second half on the way to a 59-51 season-opening victory on the road Tuesday night.
Ashley Johnson had 18 points and Raven Merriweather scored 17 for the Valkyries.
The Bluebirds were led by Alex Combs’ 15 points. Haley Coffey scored 14.
Other season openers:
* Butler 77, Southern 18: Butler trounced host Southern. The Bearettes went out to a 24-point lead to start the game and never looked back. Jaelynn Penn paced Butler with 17 points. Makaila Hilliard led Southern with seven.
* PRP 62, Doss 27: PRP got out to an early lead behind Leslie Fries and Carnethia Brown, who finished the game with 14 each. Ashauntee Hooten scored nine for Doss.
* Iroquois 54, Valley 37: Iroquois’ 19-7 fourth-quarter run put away the Vikings at Valley. The Lady Raiders got 13 points from Tiffany Brown, who knocked down three 3-pointers. Rakwone Spinks led the Valley with 10 points.
* Frankfort 52, Collins 27: Host Frankfort dominated the second half. Brianna Burbridge scored 21 for the Panthers. Michelle Roberts scored seven to lead Collins.
* Manual 79, Oldham County 48: The Crimsons grabbed 22 offensive rebounds to win at Oldham County. Aricka Prentice scored 14 points and Tonysha Curry 13 to lead Manual. Ashley McMurtrey led Oldham County with 23 points.
* Fern Creek 49, Moore 34: Alexis Barlow scored 14 points and Shelbi Knauer had 12 to to lead the Tigers at Moore. Tyra Jones and Kendall French had 10 points each to lead Moore the Mustangs.
* Assumption 55, Notre Dame 40: Assumption shot 55 percent from the field and got a spectacular start from 6-foot-6 junior Norah Kiesler, who had 23 points and 19 rebounds. The visiting Pandas were held to 32 percent shooting.
* South Oldham 54, Christian Academy 39: The host Lady Dragons had three players score in with double figures in a balanced attack. Emma Sedoris had 12 points and 16 rebounds to lead South Oldham. Rachel Platt scored 15 and and Erin Wilson 10. McKenzie Campbell scored nine to lead Christian Academy.
* Bullitt Central 50, Thomas Nelson 44: The Cougars extended a one-point halftime lead in their opener at Thomas Nelson, which fell to 0-2 on the season. Breanna Richardson hit three 3-pointers and led all scorers with 15 points for Bullitt Central. Thomas Nelson got a team-high 12 points from Evelyn Tichenor.
* Ballard 81, Seneca 13: All 11 players scored for the host Bruins. Javonna Lafield had a game-high 23 points and had 10 steals for Ballard. Samuari Jones led Seneca with seven.
* Fairdale 61, Jeffersontown 50: The host Bulldogs raced to a 36-20 halftime lead and breezed past the Chargers. Narrissa Keown led Fairdale with 20 points. Uriah Newell scored 18 for Jeffersontown.