Trumansburg freshman Dan Lapp shot a 3-over-par 75 to grab medalist honors and lead the Blue Raiders to the Large School team title at the Interscholastic Athletic Conference golf championships, held Wednesdasy at Soaring Eagles Golf Course.
Trumansburg shot a five-player team score of 404 to defeat runner-up Lansing by 47 shots. Elmira Notre Dame was third with 455 in the eight-team tournament.
Anthony Mekos of T-burg was second overall behind Lapp with a 77. Teammates Aaron Oliver (83), T.J. Eighmey (84) and Bryce Zdyb (85) rounded out the Blue Raiders’ scorers.
Nic Whittaker led the Bobcats with an 85.
In the Small School tournament, Marathon’s Zack Brandstadt was medalist with a 78 and Union Springs edged the Olympians, 460-465, to win the team title.
Lapp, who finished third at the state tournament last season, will again represent Section 4 at the state championship event, slated for June 2-3 at Cornell’s Robert Trent Jones Course.
* Section 4 tournament: Seventh-grader Michael Zhao and senior Connor Cramton of Ithaca High defeated the Greene duo of Brian Leone and Connor Moriarty, 6-3, 6-2, to win the A3/C3 Crossover Challenge and earn a spot in this week’s Section 4 state qualifier tournament.
* M-E 15, Dryden 8: Brock Post scored eight goals and added two assists as host Maine-Endwell cruised past Dryden on Tuesday in a Section 4 Class C first-round game.
Colin Reynolds added three goals and two assists for the Spartans (12-5), who jumped out to a 12-0 halftime lead.
The winners held advantages in shots (25-22), ground balls (29-15) and faceoffs (17-5). The Spartans also went 4-for-8 with the man advantage.
Joe DeLucia and Jordan Zehr each had two goals and two assists, and Ross Cole made 15 saves for Dryden, which finishes 7-10.
Section 4 baseball
* Tioga 11, Harpursville 1: At Tioga, Tanner Folk went 2-for-2 with two runs scored and fellow Tigers Carter Jackson Ryan Fergason and Jake Howland each had two RBIs as the Tigers advanced in the Class C tournament.
* Bainbridge-Guilford 2, Spencer-Van Etten 1: At B-G, Austin Bauerle threw a one-hitter while striking out 15. B-G’s Tim Parsons hit a two-out single in the bottom of the seventh, and Jacob Mazzarella followed with a double to drive Parsons in for the winning run. Mazzarella finished 2-for-3 with two RBIs.
B-G will take on top-seeded Seton Catholic Central (13-3) in the quarterfinal round. The Saints earned an opening-round bye.
* Sidney 17, Greene 10: At Sidney, Pat Vibbard hit a grand slam in the third inning and finished 2-for-3 with four RBIs and two runs scored as Sidney (14-5) advanced to the quarterfinals and a sectional rematch with second-seeded Lansing (16-1).
Brandon Bessett was 2-for-4 with six RBIs, including four RBIs in two at-bats in the fourth.
The Bobcats defeated the Warriors, 11-2, in last year’s sectional quarterfinals en route to sectional and state Class C titles.