James Eastman won the final match of the night by pin to give Horseheads a 42-39 victory over Corning in Southern Tier Athletic Conference wrestling Wednesday at Horseheads.
Eastman won by fall in 3 minutes, 48 seconds in his 160-pound match.
Other winners for Horseheads in contested matches were Jack Everett and Nick Hess. The Blue Raiders won four matches by forfeit.
Corning’s winners included Mike Bilby, Kyle Zahradka, Blake Abbey, Braden Brazie, Jarrett Sylvester and Bailey VanVleet.
“It was nice to beat Corning, but I think they outwrestled us tonight,” Horseheads coach Shane Lese said. “I wasn’t pleased with the way we wrestled. We’re still not getting the results we’re looking for.”
* Maine-Endwell 60, Elmira 37: Elmira was outscored 25-8 in the second half of its STAC game at Southside High.
Bee Bulkley and Dana Tomkalski scored 10 points apiece for the Express.
* Ithaca 49, Corning 39: Cierra Capo topped Corning with 12 points in its STAC loss at Ithaca.
* Chenango Valley 104, Waverly 79: John Hallett won the 50- and 100-yard freestyle events for Waverly in its nonleague loss to visiting Chenango Valley.
Josh Mastrantuono took the 500 free for the Wolverines. He also joined Hallett, Caleb Jenkins and Brighton Wood to claim the 200 freestyle relay.
* Elmira 3.5, Vestal 1.5: Jesse Fish’s 716 series helped Elmira win the STAC meet at Midway Lanes.
Korey Kennedy and Devon Gunderson rolled 609 and 601, respectively, for the Express.
* Elmira 5, Vestal 0: Elmira swept Vestal in STAC action at Midway Lanes, paced by Temma Comfort’s 571.