Senior Lindsay Biondi finished with five goals and two assists to power Ithaca to a 13-5 win at Horseheads on Wednesday in Section 4 girls lacrosse.
Junior Molly Long added two goals and two assists and junior Katie Carroll, who moved from the defense to the midfield for this game, chipped in three goals and one assist for the Little Red (6-3), which led 7-2 at halftime.
Freshman Kylie Sposito scored two goals and junior Allie Cornell-Roberts and freshman Lauren Duthie each scored for IHS.
Senior Julie Ericson recorded seven saves for the win and Ithaca outshot Horseheads 26-14.
Ithaca maintained a 9-8 edge in ground balls and a 13-7 advantage on draw controls.
Sam Owens scored twice and Abbey Benesh added one goal and one assist for Horseheads.
Ithaca travels to Elmira on Friday for its next game before hosting rival Vestal on Tuesday.
* Lansing 13, Dryden 5: At Dryden, top-ranked Lansing rallied from an early three-run deficit, scoring 13 unanswered runs over the final five innings Tuesday in Interscholastic Athletic Conference North Large Division play.
The Bobcats (8-0), winners of 34 straight games, trailed 3-0 after the first inning and 4-1 after two before scoring twice in the third, fourth, sixth and seventh innings, and putting up five runs in the fifth. Sam Currie homered for Lansing, while Bruno Bugliosi had a pair of doubles and Justin Geddes stroked a two-run double in the first for Dryden (3-5).
Alex Schutz got the win in relief of Troy Osterman for Lansing, and starter Alan Davis — the first of four Purple Lions pitchers — took the loss.
* Waverly 17, Odessa-Montour 7: At Odessa, Cody Marchese had six hits and six RBIs for Waverly.
Marchese hit a triple, double and scored three runs to lead Waverly’s 20-hit effort. Colton Miller earned the win with a complete game.
* Watkins Glen 7, Spencer-Van Etten 6: At Spencer-Van Etten, John Smith earned the win for Watkins Glen.
* Ithaca 19, Horseheads 3: At Horseheads, Jaedon Henderson had three goals and an assist to help unbeaten, third-ranked Ithaca on Tuesday.
Charlie Estill, Eric Barr, Doug Biondi, Zach Johnson and Emilio Petricola scored two goals each for the Little Red, which led 10-2 at hallftime.
Eh Tha Dah (2 saves) and Matt Fricke (5 saves) split time in goal for Ithaca, which dominated in shots (29-16) and ground balls (20-11), and won 17 of 26 faceoffs.
Ithaca (9-0) travels to Elmira today for a 7 p.m. faceoff.
* Manlius-Pebble Hill 17, Dryden 6: Maggie Cole and Vicky Leyburn scored two goals apiece as the host Purple Lions lost in a nonsectional game Tuesday.
* Spencer-Van Etten 10, Watkins Glen 8: At Spencer-Van Etten, Hannah Lawrence hit a two-run homer to help the Panthers.
IAC boys golf
* Whitney Point 241, Groton 279: At Ford Hill Red, Jacob Howell and Kyle Palladino each shot a 53 for Groton.
IAC boys tennis
Lansing 7, Newark Valle
y 0: Andy Parkes, Nick Zarate, Jonathan Sun, and Andrew Bertonica each won in straight sets in singles for Lansing (6-0).
STAC boys tennis
Ithaca 7, Binghamton
0: Kevin Huang, Justin Milner, Aidan Mackenzie, and Jonathan Gomes-Selman each posted straight-set wins in singles for host IHS.