Coach James Harris earned his 139th win with a 67-30 victory over North, surpassing Frank Morris for the most wins by any coach at Mariner.
“It’s most surreal,” Harris said. “The past nine and a half years have gone by really quick. A lot of very talented players have played here, and it’s a special honor to coach them.”
Harris recorded just 60 wins in his first six seasons, before earning over 75 wins during the last three and a half.
During Thursday’s match, Jaylen Mitchell, Rick Moore, and Rodney Hunter each had 12 points. Mariner’s has a record of 12-7 this season.
* ECS 69, Canterbury 30: Jared Pearlman led ECS (6-10) and 26 points, while teammate Caleb Chapman scored 13.
* Gulf Coast 65, Estero 59: Margens Desire led Estero with 19 points, and RJ Meyer scored 18.
* Bishop Verot 70, Gulf Coast 40: Mitchell Fundingsland led Verot (12-7) with 19 points, while Mason Taylor scored 18 and recorded 10 rebounds.
* Canterbury 35, ECS 23: Alexis Sewell of Canterbury led all scorers with 12 points. Adrienne Ferguson scored six points to lead ECS (3-15).
* Cape Coral 60, Cypress Lake 20: Mckenna Beach scored 20 points for Cape (17-1).
* Dunbar 74, Clewiston 23: Keri Jewett had a great night for Dunbar (22-2), with 15 points, seven steals and five assists. Seniors Erin German and Johnetta Williams had 14 and 12 points, respectively.
* Gateway 47, Bishop Verot 40: Larissa Roker put up 18 points for Gateway (15-8), and Alexis Mendoza had 15 points for the team.
* Lehigh 46, Fort Myers 41: Shea Parson led Lehigh with 20 points and six rebounds. Mia Bair had nine rebounds to help the team bring its record to 15-4.
* Estero 7, Clewiston 0: Ricky Lopez scored four goals for Estero (13-5-3), and teammate Willie Reyes scored two.
* South Fort Myers 1, Cape Coral 0: Daniel Barrow scored the lone goal in the match, helping South finish its season 9-5-1. Tanner Yergens kept a clean sheet for South with eight saves.
* Lehigh 2, North Fort Myers 0: Gabe Zavalla and Stanley Octavius scored for Lehigh, which improved its record to 5-11.
* Community School 4, ECS 0: Scotty Brooker had a hat trick for CSN (10-3), and teammate Junior Martinez scored a goal.
* ECS 8, SFCA 0: Haley Pigott and Kylie Rullo scored three goals each for ECS (21-1), which advances to the District A-9 championship with this victory. Alyssa Prieto also scored two goals in the match.
Canterbury 2, Oasis 1: Noelle Tennant and Lyla Gutstein scored for Canterbury.