North Harrison overcame its free-throw woes in the second half and prevailed in overtime over Seymour 66-63 Saturday night in girls’ high school basketball action.
Jill Book went 5 for 5 from the free-throw line and scored seven of North Harrison’s 12 points in overtime. She finished with 17 points.
Kendra Lambert had a team-high 19 for the Cougars (5-8).
Sidney Carr led the Owls (5-11) with 18 points.
* Bedford North Lawrence 58, Scottsburg 53: The 13-0 Stars got off to a blazing start and held on to beat the visiting Warriorettes (9-3).
BNL raced to a 25-8 lead, but Scottsburg outscored the Stars in each of the next three quarters to make it close.
Jenna Allen and Brittani Rizzi scored 17 points each for BNL. Ashley Elliott had 20 points for Scottsburg.
* Charlestown 44, Brownstown 36: The host Pirates took command in the third quarter and have now won three of their past four games.
Kaitlynn Henning had 15 points to lead Charlestown (5-8, 1-4 Mid-Southern). Brooke Ebbing had 12 points for the Braves (4-6, 3-3).
* Austin 49, Madison 35: Jesse Davidson had 20 points to lead the host Eagles (11-3) to their fourth straight victory. Olivia Crozier had 13 points for the Cubs (11-2).
* Paoli 61, Borden 38: Stephanie Moore scored 15 points as the visiting Rams (9-0) beat the Braves (6-5). Natalie Ruedinger scored 13 points for Borden.
* Eastern Pekin 57, Crawford County 38: The Musketeers (7-7) used a big night from Krista Roberts to secure a victory over the host Wolfpack (0-14).
Roberts led all scorers with 23 points while also grabbing 11 rebounds.
Crawford County was led by Mandi McLain’s 14 points.
* Silver Creek 47, Salem 29: Alex Tinsley scored a game-high 22 points and collected nine rebounds as the visiting Dragons (11-4) cruised past the Lions (5-9). Alex Davidson scored 16 points for Salem.
* Christian Academy of Louisville 78, Christian Academy of Indiana 30: The host Warriors were outscored 32-5 in the first quarter, and the Centurions (10-5) never looked back.
CAL’s China Dow played only two quarters and led her team in scoring with 26 points.
CAI’s Rachel Boesing scored nine points.
* Silver Creek 60, Borden 51: The host Braves (8-1) were outscored in the final quarter and were handed their first loss on the season to the Dragons (3-8).
Silver Creek’s Gabe Bauer led his team in scoring with 13 points.
Borden’s Billy Kirchgessner led all scorers with 28 points.
* Clarksville 67, New Washington 41: The Generals (7-3) raced out to a 21-4 first-quarter lead to defeat the Mustangs (5-6).
Austin Johnson led Clarksville with 19 points.
Devin Herron led New Washington with 16 points.
* Providence 67, Shawe Memorial 23: The host Pioneers (10-0) used stifling defense to surge past the Hilltoppers (3-8), taking a 35-4 lead into halftime.
Ryan Pickerrell led Providence with 12 points and 12 rebounds, while teammate Dalton Dooley led all scorers with 17 points.
Shawe Memorial was led by Taylor Grote and Luke Higgins with five each.
* South Central 59, Rock Creek 50: Senior guards Kyle Pease and Bobby Sampson each scored 19 points for the visiting Rebels (8-4). Ronald Karenzi scored 16 points for Rock Creek. The Lions fall to 5-8.
* Crawford County 63, Salem 38: The Wolfpack (9-1) outscored the host Lions (0-9) 21-6 in the second quarter to blow the game open.
Ranger Caffrey knocked down five 3-pointers and scored a game-high 20 points for Crawford County. Salem was led by Austin Jerrell’s 15 points.
* North Harrison 73, Scottsburg 45: Cory Smith and Tyler Bement scored 19 points apiece to lead the visiting Cougars (6-3, 3-2 Mid-Southern Conference) to their fourth straight win. Seth Helton had 12 points for the Warriors (2-8, 1-5).