Ryan Paul scored with three minutes remaining in overtime to lift North Country to a 5-4 win over Colchester in high school boys hockey action at Leddy Park on Wednesday.
The Lakers held leads of 2-0, 3-2 and 4-3 but could not hold on for the win.
Logan Fortier (two goals) and Ross delaBruere (two goals) also scored for North Country (5-0). The Falcons forced overtime when they scored with five minutes left in the third period.
Avery Steele and Will Steele each scored two goals for Colchester (3-1-2).
* Mount Mansfield 7, Burlington 1: Adam Oler and Travis Benson each netted three goals to power Mount Mansfield past Burlington at Essex Skating Facility.
Ben Hoar rounded out the scoring, Ryan Heath dished out two assists and Joe Airoldi made nine saves for MMU (2-4).
Will Aikerman scored for BHS (0-5) and Dustin Rinehart posted 26 saves.
* Champlain Valley 5, Middlebury 1: Jeremy Lerner’s two second-period goals helped host Champlain Valley pull away for a win over Middlebury.
Jack Hall (assist), Curt Fontana and Elliot Mitchell also tallied for 4-1-1 CVU. Greg Talbert turned away 21 shots.
Trevor Emilo scored and Edgar Sherman made 16 saves for Middlebury (2-2).
* Essex 8, Rice 0: Justin Ward and Trevor Kelsey each scored twice to power Essex past visiting Rice.
Cole Sheffert, Brody Almeida, Steve Jurkiewicz and Joey Robertson also tallied while Pat Abbott (three assists), Tom Fogg (two assists) and Alex Leclair (two assists) provided helpers.
Brock Paquette and Erik Shot combined on 12 saves for 4-1 Essex.
Mason Koster and Jamie Cruickshank were in net for Rice, stopping 35 saves in all.
* U-32 2, Milton 0: Forrest Smith and Chris Aldrighetti provided the goals in U-32’s win at Milton.
* Burr and Burton 5, Harwood 3: Sean Paradis had a goal and two assists and a balanced Burr and Burton attack defeated visiting Harwood.
Henry Buckley (assist), Brock Pollard, Bennett Timmerman and Andy Filippi also scored for BBA (3-3).
Ty Delphia, Jake Lockett and Erik Berterlan had the goals for Harwood (3-2) while Sam Boylan and Seth Mason each had two assists.
BBA’s Zack Stewart turned away 41 shots and Harwood’s Willy McGowan earned 13 saves.
* Hartford 5, Woodstock 2: Jeffrey Lyford scored twice to lead Hartford past host Woodstock.
John Borchert, Brandon Gardner and Nick Ferino also scored for the Hurricanes (4-2).
Nick Donaldson and Brian Townely scored for Woodstock (2-5).
Teaghan Meeker made 27 saves for Hartford while Brady Stewart stopped 24 shots for the Wasps.
* Northfield 9, Peoples 0: Jackson Tucker had two goals and an assist as Northfield beat host Peoples.
Ben Cole also had two goals, and Kyle Lamoray, Jackson Watson, Gabe Drown, Luke Gadbois and Jordan Lumsden also scored for the Marauders.
Ben Tucker and Jesse Hunt combined for nine saves. Lukas Coldwell had 46 saves for Peoples.
* Spaulding 4, Colchester 2: Ashley Pelkey scored twice as Spaulding defeated Colchester in a battle of unbeaten teams.
Julia Ormsby and Caitlyn Wilkin also scored for the Crimson Tide (5-0) and Morgan Gosselin made 16 saves.
Taylor Dion had a goal and an assist and Haley Jestings also struck for the Lakers (4-1). Erica Hoffmann stopped 30 shots.
* Northfield 12, Champlain Valley 0: Kristen Dukette and Logan Lamb each scored four goals as Northfield beat visiting Champlain Valley.
Hilary Amell, Erin Easton, Lydia Hoffman and Claudia Gee also scored for the Maruaders (3-4).
Laurel Hubert-Severance made 41 stops in the loss for CVU (0-4-1).
* BFA-St. Albans 2, Missisquoi 0: Danielle Schreiner scored twice as host BFA-St. Albans edged rival Missisquoi.
After tallying in the first period, Schreiner sealed BFA’s win with a goal 41 seconds into the third. Shanley Howrigan made 14 saves for the Comets (3-2-1).
Hannah Bockus made 27 stops for the Thunderbirds (3-3).
* Harwood 4, Brattleboro 0: Madison Woodard scored two goals, Haley Martini handed out three assists and host Harwood blanked Brattleboro.
Haley Spittle (assist) and Taylor Yandow also delivered goals for Harwood (5-1-1), which led 2-0 after the first period. Siena Damon worked the six-save shutout.
Brattleboro’s Alex Fellows made 35 saves.
* Stowe 2, U-32 1: Katie Stames scored once and assisted on the game winner as Stowe edged host U-32.
Micaela Gailmor tallied the winner with 46 seconds left in regulation for Stowe.
Natalie Lavigne had U-32’s goal, a second-period strike just seconds after Stames drew first.
Stowe’s Danielle Mayo and U-32’s Cheyenne Smith each made 22 saves.
* Burr and Burton 3, Hartford 0: Three players scored for Burr and Burton as the Bulldogs downed visiting Hartford.
Lucy Bisselle, Mary Leech and Daisy Sullivan tallied for Burr and Burton (4-1-1).
Twinfield 55, Harwood 47: David Codling racked up 23 points and host Twinfield got past Harwood.
Brandon Gibbs chipped in 17 points for Twinfield (4-2).
Harwood’s Gerrit Lane and Lane Clark each scored nine.
* Thetford 31, Randolph 21: Michaela Pomeroy dropped in 17 points as Theford defeated visiting Randoph in a low-scoring affair.
Shyann Josler added eight points for Theford (5-1) and Rozzy Kidder chipped in with nine rebounds and four points.
Randolph (2-3) was led by Brook Jacques’ nine points.
* U-32 32, Lamoille 19: Madison Bennett tossed in a dozen points and U-32 raced out to a 10-2 first-quarter lead in topping visiting Lamoille.