at Bassfield (4-0)
* Defending 3A and 2A state champions meet up. Hazlehurst’s spread offense features a potent running game, which will surely be tested against Yellow Jackets. C-L Says: Bassfield 22-16.
Forrest Co. AHS (2-1) at Purvis (3-0)
* Mississippi State commit Dontavian Lee and Forrest County AHS are coming off two straight wins, while Purvis is undefeated and coming off a bye week. Tornadoes lean heavily on Dandy Dozen and Florida State commit Markell Pack. C-L Says: Forrest Co. AHS 21-17.
at Ridgeland (2-1)
* The Chargers (3-0) are one of the surprise teams in 6A. Grenada brings a running attack that averages 344.7 yards per game down I-55 to Titan Stadium. Ridgeland is led by Southern Miss commit Xavier Marion. C-L Says: Grenada 24-21.
Wayne County (2-1) at Gulfport (2-1)
* War Eagles, ranked No. 3 in 5A, have overmatched their opponents the last two weeks by a combined score of 113-14. Gulfport is led by Thad Miller, who has passed for 711 yards through the first three games. Wayne County gets key road win. C-L Says: Wayne County 35-28.
at Jack. Prep (3-1)
* Jackson Prep is trying to continue its streak of consecutive victories over MRA in the regular season, which began in 2005. MRA brings the high-octane offense to Flowood against a stingy Prep defense. Home team gets it done in a close one. C-L Says: Prep 28-24.
West Point (1-2)
at Noxubee Co. (2-2)
* Two teams that have underperformed so far this season. West Point is led by Dandy Dozen and Mississippi State commit Aeris Williams, while the Noxubee’s offense rolls with sophomore QB Tamorris Conner. Wave get revenge. C-L Says: West Point 14-7.
at Louisville (4-0)
* Wildcats host Falcons at R.E. Heinze Stadium for homecoming. Should be a good defensive battle ( Louisville only gives up six points a game, while Columbus only gives up 15). No. 7 Wildcats slide by. C-L Says: Louisville 17-10.
Calhoun City (3-1) at Ripley (4-0)
* Ripley has rolled its way through the first four weeks of the season. The Tigers, ranked No. 1 in 4A, average 48.8 points but must go against a Calhoun City defense that gives up just 17.8 points per game. Wildcats ranked No. 4 in 2A. C-L Says: Ripley 21-10.
at Broad St. (2-1)
* Hawks, ranked No. 5 in 1A, are one of the favorites to represent North 1A in the state championship. However, the fourth-ranked Jaguars might have something to say about that in a key Region 2-1A battle. C-L Says: Shaw 23-22.
at Lee Academy (4-0)
* The Generals and Colts have been the biggest surprises to many in the MAIS this season. Washington, ranked No. 4 in AAA, is led by running back Roman Fratesi. Lee Academy is ranked No. 5 in AA. C-L Says: Washington 17-14.