Charlestown’s Tyler Combs knocked down one of two free throws with 3.8 seconds remaining to hold off Eastern Pekin 68-66 in a Mid-Southern Conference boys’ basketball game Friday night.
With the score 67-66, Combs hit his shot to protect the Pirates’ lead. R.J. Jackson missed a last-second shot from the top of the key that would have given the win to the Musketeers (4-8, 3-4).
Chris Braun filled up the stat sheet to the tune of 21 points, eight rebounds and five steals to lead Charlestown (7-4, 3-1). Combs finished with seven points.
Leading Eastern Pekin in scoring was Tevin Wolf with 21 points.
* Borden 54, Christian Academy 44: The Warriors (5-7) were outrebounded for the first time this year in their loss to the visiting Braves (10-2).
Borden’s Billy Kirchgessner finished with 13 points. Christian Academy’s Aaron Hayes topped all scorers with 22.
* Austin 56, New Washington 44: Ten players scored for the visiting Eagles (4-7), who broke away from a 22-all tie at the half to lead by 13 entering the fourth quarter. Cody Lesnet had 11 points to lead the winners. James Clemons scored 14 for the Mustangs (6-8).
* North Harrison 83, Lanesville 74: Austin Nolot scored a game-high 21 points and Tyler Bement added 20 to lead the host Cougars (8-4) past the Eagles (9-5). Alex Ansman and Justin Miller each scored 19 for Lanesville.
* Perry Central 58, Orleans 49: Derek Thomas scored 17 points to lead the Commodores (13-1) over the visiting Bulldogs (8-6). Orleans’ Cale Hall scored a game-high 18 points.
* Bedford North Lawrence 67, Seymour 55: Blaze Byrer’s 16 points led a balanced attack for the visiting Stars (6-7, 2-2 Hoosier Hills) in the win over Seymour (1-12, 0-5). Zak Lucas led the Owls with 17 points.
* South Central 77, Crothersville 41: Tyler Kingsley paced the Rebels (9-4) with 16 points in their win over the Tigers (5-8). Grayson Barnes led Crothersville with 10 points.
* Providence 73, Henryville 24: After finishing the first quarter holding a surprising 10-9 lead, the host Hornets (0-10) were outscored 64-14 by the Pioneers (12-1) in the final three frames.
Ryan Pickerell and Cory Cahalan each finished with 13 points for Providence. Henryville was led by Tyler Collins’ 10 points.
* Columbus North 88, Madison 57: The visiting Bull Dogs, ranked No. 5 in Class 4-A, made 12 of 17 3-pointers and shot 71.2 percent from the field to rout the Cubs (6-6).
Evan Henry and Torian Jackson scored 20 points apiece to pace Columbus North (13-1). Madison got a team-high 16 points from Carson Wattenbarger.
* Corydon 63, Salem 23: Tyler Ross tallied 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds as the Panthers (9-3) crushed the host Lions (0-11). Bronson Kessinger added 11 points, eight rebounds and eight blocks for Corydon.