Bronson Kessinger scored a game-high 21 points as Corydon easily got past North Harrison 65-41 in high school boys’ basketball on Thursday night.
Kessinger led a balanced attack by the Panthers (2-0), who built an early lead and coasted. Three other Corydon players scored in double figures: Brayden Lander with 16, Tim Wiseman with 12 and Tom Wiseman with 11.
North Harrison (1-1) was led by Cory Smith with 19.
* The host Mustangs (5-3) led by four at halftime, then came out in the second half and stepped on the pedal, never looking back against the Rebels (3-5).New Washington 55,Southwestern 37:
Ashley Johnson led all scorers with 17 points for New Washington. Southwestern was led by Kearsten Bruther with 10 points.
* Brownstown won at Salem thanks to the play of Morgan Wehmiller, who led the Braves with 12 points.Brownstown Central 56, Salem 35:
Alex Davidson and Treasure Hurst each had eight points for the Lions.
* Natalie Ruedinger scored 17 points to power the host Braves (5-0) over the Eagles (1-7). Borden’s Shelby Kirchgessner scored 12 points, all on 3-point goals.Borden 57, Lanesville 17:
Annie Parsons led Lanesville with 6 points.
* The host Musketeers (4-2) were up 42-34 with four minutes left in the game, but due to four turnovers in the last three minutes, they were outscored 12-1 and lost to the Senators.West Washington 46, Easten Pekin 43:
Shana Keller led West Washington with 16 points. Katie Ernstberger led Eastern Pekin with 11 points.
* Ashley Elliot had 22 points and 10 rebounds to lead the visiting Warriorettes (6-1) over the Bulldogs (1-3).Scottsburg 63, New Albany 41:
Lauren Camm led New Albany with 11 points and eight rebounds.
* Dominique McBryde’s 26 points led the No. 1-ranked team in Class 4-A, the 7-0 Stars, over the visiting Artesians (2-4).Bedford North Lawrence 56, Martinsville 30:
Bedford North Lawrence is ranked 11th in the country by USA Today.
Morgan Peeden led Martinsville with 9 points.