Destiny Lamb’s unorthodox three-point play in the final seconds gave Waggener a 55-54 girls’ basketball victory at Holy Cross on Saturday night.
With the Wildcats up 52-51, Lamb was fouled with 13.8 seconds remaining. She made the first free throw and missed the second, but she grabbed the rebound and scored for a four-point margin. Morgan Wimberg hit a meaningless 3-pointer at the buzzer for the Cougars (11-10).
Jada Jackson led Waggener (11-7) with 19 points, including 12 in the third quarter, and Alexandria Peden added 14 points and 14 rebounds.
Jillian Epperson’s 17 points led Holy Cross.
* Marion County 71, Mercy 56: Makayla Epps scored 22 points and Kyvin Goodin-Rogers had 18 points and seven rebounds as the visiting Lady Knights (20-0) stayed perfect.
Whitney Hartlage made five 3-pointers, scored 17 points and grabbed 15 rebounds for the Jaguars (11-6).
* Washington County 47, Shelby County 34: The Commanderettes (8-7) had three double-doubles while beating the Rockets (9-12) in the Autism Awareness Classic at Marion County.
Kenya Turner led the way with 17 points and 13 rebounds. Jennifer Keene had 10 points and 10 rebounds, and Nick Brizendine contributed 10 points and 11 assists. Washington County outrebounded Shelby County 28-19.
Mackenzie Raizor had 14 points and Justus Martin 13 for the Rockets.
* Manual 68, Bowling Green 35: The host Lady Crimsons (11-7) led 38-19 at halftime and hammered the Purples (17-4) in the Autism Classic at Marion County. Morgan Allen scored 14 and Erika Hawkins 12 for Manual. Diamond Marshall scored 17 to lead Bowling Green.
* Covington Latin 59, St. Francis 21: Anna Matchinga paced the visiting Trojans (11-10) with 16 points and Bridgette Hildreth added 11 as they cruised past the Wyverns (1-12). Jessi Lowe scored 12 for St. Francis.
* Spencer County 55, North Oldham 37: The Bears (8-12) used a zone defense to limit the Mustangs (6-12) to just five points in both the first and second quarters.
Mackenzie Myers led Spencer County with 16 points, and Kaylan Nigh added 10. The Mustangs were led by Taylor Moore’s 10 points.
* Berea 37, Whitefield Academy 30: Chase Fain threw in 15 points to lead the visiting Pirates (12-5) past the Wildcats (6-11), who were led by Rachel Cowles’ 11.
* Lafayette 84, Collins 77: Jackson Davis had 21 points and 10 rebounds to power the Generals (11-7) to third place in the Toyota Classic at Scott County.
Dez Marshall poured in 27 points and grabbed 10 rebounds for the Titans (11-6), who were done in by 24 turnovers.
* Covington Latin 72, St. Francis 52: Mitchell Blewett erupted for 41 points to lead the visiting Trojans (6-10) over the Wyverns (4-11). Cole Von Feldt led St. Francis with 23 points and 10 rebounds.