1. New Castle (2): The undefeated Trojans (14-0) reclaim the top spot after two impressive wins Saturday at their invite. New Castle beat Class 4A No. 7 Floyd Central in the semifinals and then won its invite by knocking off national power Louisville Assumption.
2. Yorktown (3): The Tigers (14-0) lost their top two hitters and libero from a year ago to graduation, and yet a month into this season, there is zero drop-off. The Yorktown attack is extremely balanced with five separate Tigers averaging better than 1.5 kills per set.
3. Delta (1): Harsh to drop the Eagles (16-1) two spots after they won all of their matches the past seven days? Absolutely. But, in my humble opinion, New Castle and Yorktown played better than Delta last week. Speaks to the strength of this area when a team on 14-match win streak falls in the ranking.
4. Wapahani (5): Coach Jared Richardson shook up the Wapahani (12-1) lineup on Monday against Union. He switched to a 6-2 with senior standout Lindi Thomas sharing some of the setting responsibility. Thomas responded with a triple-double with 12 kills, 14 digs and 16 assists.
5. Wes-Del (4): Class A No. 1 Wes-Del (13-1) dropped its first match of the season Saturday to Noblesville. Rough home stretch for the Warriors with 3A No. 2 Delta tonight and 4A No. 5 Yorktown on Monday.