1. Bay Port (1-0): The Pirates beat De Pere 40-0, but there still is another level they can reach. Bay Port has its first three games at home before finishing with four of six on the road.
2. West De Pere (1-0): The Phantoms started a new winning streak with a commanding 47-0 win over Antigo. West De Pere’s loss to Waupaca in a WIAA Division 3 state playoff semifinal ended a 39-game winning streak last year, but it has not lost a regular-season game since Week 1 in 2009.
3. Green Bay Southwest (1-0): The defending Fox River Classic Conference champions started a bit slow against Manitowoc but then dominated in a 40-14 win.
4. Seymour (1-0): The Thunder beat Marinette 46-0, using a 27-point second quarter to take control and holding Marinette to 75 total yards. It will play at Luxemburg-Casco on Friday.
5. Ashwaubenon (1-0): The Jaguars put together one of the more eye-opening performances of Week 1 by scoring 40 unanswered points in a 40-7 win over Green Bay Preble. Junior quarterback James Morgan already has proven to be one of the best players at his position.
6. Wrightstown (1-0): The Tigers beat Oconto 41-6 behind a strong running game that produced 275 yards. Mark Baeten rushed for 131 yards on 17 carries.
7. Green Bay Notre Dame (1-0): The Tritons beat Sheboygan South 49-28, the first of three road games to start the season.
8. Algoma (1-0): The Wolves beat Sturgeon Bay 33-13 behind the rushing duo of Sam Koss and Ben Sealey. The two combined for 233 yards and two touchdowns.
9. Kewaunee (1-0): The Storm beat Burlington Catholic Central 41-7 in a nonconference game. Kewaunee piled up 409 yards of offense while the defense allowed just 17 rushing yards.
10. Pulaski (0-1): The Red Raiders were picked as one of the favorites in the FRCC, but they lost 29-24 at Sheboygan North. They have a chance to rebound at Preble this week.
Team of the week
Green Bay East: The Red Devils beat Green Bay West 20-0 in the 108th meeting between the two teams. East not only defeated its long-time rival, but it started the season off with a win after struggling out of the gates in each of the past two years. The Red Devils started last season 0-4, one year after starting 0-3.
Players of the week
Chad Leaman, Green Bay Southwest: Of all the Leaman brothers who have played football, including former Green Bay West quarterback Anthony Leaman, Chad arguably is the most athletic. The senior did well in his first game at quarterback, throwing for 117 yards and rushing for 110 yards and three TDs in a win at Manitowoc.
Isaac Seering, Green Bay Notre Dame: The senior rushed for 217 yards and three TDs in a win at Sheboygan North. He rushed for 266 total yards in eight games last season.
James Morgan, Ashwaubenon: Completed 21-of-31 passes for 221 yards and three touchdowns. Morgan is coming off a sophomore year in which he led the 12-team FRCC with 1,310 passing yards.