* Year in school/sport: Sophomore forward on the girls basketball team.
* Highlights: Templin had 19 points and nine rebounds in a 54-39 win at Sauk Rapids last week.
* What has competing in athletics taught you? “It’s taught me teamwork, to work with other people and playing as a team. And it’s taught me to have confidence, in myself and in others.”
* What’s your most memorable high school moment? “I don’t know if I have one of those yet off the top of my head.”
* What’s your pre-game routine? “On game days when we play at home, we go to someone’s house and all have dinner together …. Usually, it’s the whole team.”
* What’s your most embarrassing high school moment? “I can’t think of anything.”
* Favorite food: “Some kind of pasta.”
* Favorite movie: The Heat.
* Favorite TV show: One Tree Hill.
* Favorite Web site/video game: Twitter. She’s not a gamer.
* What are your post-high-school plans? “I’m probably going to college and probably playing a college sport.” She also is on Rocori’s volleyball and softball teams.
* What’s next? The Spartans (1-0 Central Lakes, 1-4 overall) play at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday at Sartell (1-0, 3-2) in a matchup of conference unbeatens.
“I think it will be pretty close,” Templin said. “I think we just need to play as a team and work hard on our offense.”
— Tom Elliott