Sports Reed competes in
Football, wrestling, track and baseball
Random Lake finished second at the 24-team Marty Loy Classic in Fond du Lac on Saturday with Anklam finishing third in the 285-pound weight class. He currently is ranked No. 1 in Division 3 for his weight class by Wisconsin Wrestling Online.
All-time team sports achievement
Making team State the past two years in wrestling.
All-time individual achievement
Placing at State for wrestling freshman and sophomore year.
No. 1 athletic goal
Winning State as a team and individually this year in wrestling.
Coach John Hatfield’s thoughts
“Reed is a tremendous athlete. He is the type of kid that works hard all the time and has tremendous gifts. It’s really great to have him here and we missed him a lot last year. Obviously he has talent, but he is a leader as well. He is one of those kids that no matter what will work hard and he is a fun kid to coach.”
“We have a great coaching staff and everyone is working hard every day. That is benefiting us as a team. The team looks tough and we can have a memorable year. For me, I don’t want anything less than first place this year.”
* Sport: Wrestling
* Pro/college athlete: Green Bay Packers offensive lineman Bryan Bulaga
* Pro/college team: Green Bay Packers
* Musical artist or group: J.J. Lawhorn
* Song of all time: “Stomping Grounds” by J.J. Lawhorn
* TV show: “Nashville”
* Movie: “Old School”
* Class: Shop classes
* Food: Venison
* Saying or piece of advice: “Life will get tough sometimes and knock you down, but you just have to keep working hard and climb back up then you will get back on top.”
* Hobby: Hunting and fishing
What if …
* You could be any celebrity on earth for a week. Who would it be? “Duck Dynasty” cast member Phil Robertson
* You could listen to a song minutes before the biggest athletic event of your life to get you hyped. What would it be? “Can’t Stop” by The Red Hot Chile Peppers
* You could meet one famous person, a non-athlete, who would it be? Professional archer, bow expert and former host of “Arrow Affliction” Chris Brackett
* Who inspires you most? My Dad.
* What is your dream vacation destination? A Saskatchewan deer hunt.
* Who’s the toughest opponent you have ever faced? Cole Johnson from Desoto.
* What’s your No. 1 pet peeve? When people don’t try in sports.
* What do you want to do for a living? Maintenance welding.
* Why are sports important to you? It builds character and is just my way of living life.
* Which Facebook friend has the most interesting status updates and best photos? I don’t check my Facebook.
* What’s your strength as a person? I work hard at anything I put my mind to.
* What do you still need to work on? Spelling words.
* Do you have any pre-meet rituals? Talk to my dad about my upcoming match.
* Top person you follow, or would follow, on Twitter? Jake Schwan