Katie Stames socked home a pair of second-half goals to cement Peoples Academy’s 3-0 shutout of Stowe on Monday and keep the Wolves undefeated in high school girls soccer this season.
Hayley VanCor got Peoples (6-0) on the board with a first-half goal off an assist from Hannah Merriam. Carie Wan made five saves to earn the shutout for the Wolves, while Caroline Armbruster racked up nine saves for Stowe (2-3-1).
* Harwood 1, Colchester 0: Tylor Yandow had the game’s lone goal as host Harwood toppled Metro Division’s Colchester.
* U-32 2, Spaulding 1: Emily George tallied two goals, including the first on a penalty kick, and visiting U-32 outlasted Spaulding.
George struck twice in 15 minutes early in the first half for 4-0-2 U-32.
Julia Ormsby had the goal for Spaulding (3-2), cutting the deficit with 10 minutes left in regulation.
Spaulding’s Megan LeCours made four saves, as did U-32’s Bailey Starr, who punched away one shot in the last minute to preserve the win.
* St. Johnsbury 2, Brattleboro 2: Shelby Kantor’s second-half tally helped host St. Johnsbury earn a tie with Brattleboro.
Brattleboro’s Maddy Derosia and Molly Gurney gave Brattleboro a 2-1 halftime lead.
Caroline O’Shea provided a first-half equalizer and Jenni Laferriere finished with nine saves for SJA.
* Williamstown 3, Northfield 0: Jayme Ducharme produced a goal and an assist as Williamstown improved to 7-0 at host Northfield’s expense.
Mariah Lamell and Emily Noelk also tallied goals and Caitlyn Beaudet made four saves for Williamstown
DJ Doney and Lydia Hoffman combined for six saves for 2-3-1 Northfield.
* Harwood 3, Missisquoi 0: Sarah Wry had a goal and an assist as visiting Harwood topped Missisquoi.
Mia Burfoot and Katie Martin also scored and Martha McKenna worked a two-save shutout for the Highlanders.
Veronica Cook-Vilbrin made seven shots for the Thunderbirds.
* Burr and Burton 1, Woodstock 0: Mary Leech’s unassisted tally 13:33 into the second half was enough to earn Burr and Burton its first win of the season in a showdown with host Woodstock.
Cubby Arvin-DiBlasio made three saves for Burr and Burton (1-3).